Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
muskiedreams

ice yet?

8 posts in this topic

heading up ther on sat wondering if bays are freezing up yet or if i will be able 2 get out?

The wind broke up whatever ice had formed today. We are already experiencing a heavy frost tonight, so we will see what tomorrow brings.

thanx Paul be up there in morning!

tomorrow looks like pretty good southwest winds. then saturday night looks good for fishing the south,south/west side...rocky reef maybe? ...full moon! wow! i bet theres not a problem with boat traffic either.

i just keep thinking now has got to be the best time of the year for the biggest possible walleye. the general public thinks "fall fishing" & "ice fishing". everyone talks about how good fall fishing is and how good early icefishing is but there are only the very few of you guys out there right now. this has to be prime time!

next fall i will be prepaired to do some extreme walleye fishing late in the year. the boat is at the dealer...i am very lucky mercury is covering the bill to get the 115 optimax running smoothly to specs. it only has 255 hours and its a '04. i am taking advantage of the time its in the shop to finalize a deal for a 9.9 pro-kicker and new walleye master splash guards...the vantage will go on the port side. having a reliable 4 stroke kicker will make all the difference for trolling in extreme conditions, not to mention the security it gives while being out on mille lacs at any given time.

im in it for the long haul...like i said before, someday i hope to live at mille lacs.

regards,

minnesotatuff

Paul, I am curious if you offer any "special FMer discounts" on your fish house rentals? I am not quite sure on the dates as of right now, but I am definitely looking for a rental sometime this season.

Lakedocktor,

Once you figure out the dates, give me a shout. I'm sure we can work something out smile.gif

cove bay is all socked in. all the way out to the point. there was skim ice yesterday morning, with a low of around 10 deg last night, there should be a inch or two of ice this morning. last year on the saturday after thanksgiving, i fished the north end in my boat and came home and walked out on the ice in front of my house and fished with tip-ups and sucker minnows...............tom fellegy

bet you did that just so you could say you did it!? ;-)

regards,

minnesotatuff