• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Yowzer fight

Royce Aardahl

Watch arrow hit buck on left

[Note from admin: Please read forum policy before posting again. Thank you.]

Wouldn't a guy want to wait until they unlock before you shoot one. What the @#$% is the other one going to do now?

Guy who shot that deer is an (Contact Us Please)! Unless he has 2 buck tags and shot the other one too. Thats the kind of video that really ticks me off!!!!

fishtrapgirl

Ummm, uhhhh.... confused.gif

So now I see the daydream come true for someone. But yeah, now what?? Not sure if I liked that outcome.

Quote:

Wouldn't a guy want to wait until they unlock before you shoot one. What the @#$% is the other one going to do now?

Obviously the two bucks were locked together. Both deer could very well have died in a few days had they not interviened here. You don't see the rest of the video, and aren't sure of the other deer's outcome, not sure why everyone is so upset here....

These deer were obviously locked together. They would have both suffered days this way until dying painfully of exhaustion. One of them was put out of his misery and dispatched quickly. I'm sure the other was taken shortly after, if the hunter was alone he probably notified officials and recieved a permit to kill the other, or may have had a buddy along or nearby with a tag. Killing these bucks was much better than letting them suffer stuck together by their heads.

I sure hope that there was another tag available close by, because that was a risky thing to do otherwise. I would have probably done the same thing, but I know that if there wasn't another tag available, I would have been trying to seperate them, and just think how dangerous that would have been!

Hey thanks for the link, I spent a couple hours there looking videos. As for some of the coments here, do any of you know what happens afer the video ends??????

I send an e-mail to the guy that posted it and asked if he knew what happened to the other deer. I'll pass along his answer.

Quote:

Quote:

Obviously the two bucks were locked together. Both deer could very well have died in a few days had they not interviened here. You don't see the rest of the video, and aren't sure of the other deer's outcome, not sure why everyone is so upset here....

The way they were fighting, they obviously just got started. I'm sure this isn't the first time deer became locked while fighting and would more than likely unlocked soon after.

Quote:

Ummm, uhhhh....
confused.gif

So now I see the daydream come true for someone. But yeah, now what?? Not sure if I liked that outcome.

Awaiting the email with the rest of the story.

I had fantasized about that happening to me. What good luck, right? My confusion comes in when I see the bucks struggling and can't get away. No feeling of accomplishment in getting a nice deer anymore. It seems more like a mercy killing. To me anyway.

I likely would have done the same thing since there always seems to be an open buck tag around aside from my own. tongue.gif I just don't think I'd be real proud of it anymore.

maybe they waited until the live buck became exhausted and cut the antlers apart to free the live one.

Even an exhausted deer will still fight to get away if it sees a human coming close, and I think that it would be dangerous for the person to get that close to a struggling animal.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

The way they were fighting, they obviously just got started. I'm sure this isn't the first time deer became locked while fighting and would more than likely unlocked soon after.

I guess we would have to see the whole video. I watched it again and it looks as though the two deer were not fighting at all, possibly exhausted from being locked together for sometime. Hard to say with only a few seconds of video, but is usually hard to approach two bucks in mid fight and get within 10-15 yards if they weren't exhausted.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, I got this same video via email and the file name gave me a bit more info about where it came from. So I did a little research and found the source of the video and pictures. Here is a quote regarding the ultimate fate of those deer...

Quote:

"We couldn't just kill them both because we only had one tag between the two of us. So the plan after killing the one - was to cut the horn off of the other one and release him. We went to get the saw and another hunter with a tag showed up and then he killed the other buck."

Either way, its kinda a sad situation, I'm not sure what I would have done, but I probably would have gotten a CO involved. Although in the end, its likely both deer were not going to live through the ordeal anyway.

If you are interested in reading more etc. do a search on "hunttigerridge"

I would have shot one of the bucks also. What a story. I'd much rather have the rack on the wall, the meat in the freezer and a unique story to share than letting the coyotes and crows get a free meal. Let them fight me off a road kill! grin.gif

( Note from Admin,please read forum policy before posting again,Thank-you.)

I received an e-mail from the man that put the video on UTube. He said they had planned on trying to cut the antlers off one buck that was in bad shape but ended up shooting both using the tag of another hunter.