• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Stolen(from vehicle @ Gander Mtn Hermantown) - Reward($500)

If it wern't for bad luck, i would have no luck at all.

I was driving a Green '96 Nissan Sentra. Had my black laptop case containing a 17" widescreen Dell Inspiron E1705 laptop i purchased 6 months ago for $3,500. I don't mind replacing the window...but would certainly love to have the computer back!

No questions will be asked, reward offered! $500 for the simple return. Higher reward for arrest and conviction!

[email protected]

Item was stolen Tuesday, Nov 20th between 530 and 544pm. Hermantown police state there are MANY store parking lot break-in's already.

Fortunately, i do have a LoJack device on the laptop running off GPS/Internet. However, i have it password protected, and it can't get on the internet until they crack that. Once they "do a great job" and crack my password, or reformat the hard drive...connect to the internet, my lojack will signal the company and give location of my computer and they will notify police. I'm hoping the one(s) who stole it are smart enough to hack my password! (its not hard to do)

9424.jpg

9426.jpg

WOW!!!! That sucks Papa......I hope they crack the "code" and you get your laptop back. Unbelievable what some people are capable of and unfortunetly, a good reminder for everyone. Good luck!

Odds are they are trying to use it now and when they cant it will be trashed in a dumpster some place.

Get the ICR #, police should have gave you a copy, file a insurance claim it should be covered under your auto insurance.

I had some kids break into my truck and they stole a bunch of stuff like football, basketball, cleats, sunglasses, rap cd's and my fishing rods. Insurance took care of all of it.

This is a good reminder to keep all your valuable stuff in your trunk where it cant be seen. They may still break into the car, pop the trunk and steal but its less likely if they cant see it. This time of year many crooks just sit in parking lots and wait for shoppers to come out, drop off bags they are tired of carrying and go back in the mall/shop. Another thing is park under lights when you can and have security walk you out to your car when you leave if you have big bags of goodies. The loss prevention people at all the big stores will do this for you. If at the Mall ask for Mall Security. Especially important for females after dark.

Well, to add to my drama, i was driving my car (as i have for the last month...and not my truck) which i carry liability on only. Insurance wont' cover it. No cameras in the lot at Gander Mountain.

My only hope is that they pawn it off...or it was a tech savvy guy who stole it...and can bypass my username login for the computer. Once they do that, i have a lojack device installed, and the lat/long will be sent to Dell/hermantown PD and i will know within 20 feet of where it is at. Unfortunately, it only works when the laptop has power, and is connected to the internet.

Woodie if you didnt have bad luck you would have no luck at all, gloom, dispair and agony for you. wink.gif

Sorry to hear about the theft. Push your insurance company to see if you can get your home owners policy to cover it. Squeeky wheel theory.

Wow that sure happened in a short amount of time. shocked.gif Less than 15 minutes. Sorry about the bad luck! Did you pull up and park next to someone in their car or anything? They must have watched you walk in the store and knew you weren’t coming out real soon.

To think I was there last weekend with my mountain rifle in my Truck. Along with other hunters I'm sure. That would have hurt if that got stolen. Hopefully they crack the password and log on…

PW, that sucks. I got screwed on a break in 3 years ago and yeah, the insurance wouldn't cover me....what a gyp.

Northlander, they stole rap cd's from you?!? confused.gif I guess you're not as old as I thought grin.gif

That's what was taken from my car...basketball, cds (mostly rock and rap at the time), and my in dash stereo. I still get ticked thinking about it.

Let's just say I would have used my right to bear arms

Nothing out of the ordinary when I pulled up, or was about to leave. I was thinking the same. I park my truck in the garage at home, and whenever i leave and get into it, i usually carry my pistol (since i pass my gun cabinet on the way). The right thing to do is not pull my pistol because it is not life threatnig....but thinking about it....could you imagine the surprise on the guys face if they were caught in the wrong hands?

Bad subject...lets not get on that. There is another forum website based out of the twin cities that is great for that info. I'm sure some folks from here are members.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Casey, that bites. Hope they're bright enough to get it fired up.

Steve, Rap CDs? Good thing they didn't get your dew rag.

Some Rap is ok. I dont listen to that gangster shoot em up, biotches and hoes crap. Im just keepin it real ST. grin.gif

Sheesh...Theft!

I think theft is the lowest of low. Sorry to hear about your lap-top. crazy.gif Good luck with getting it back though!

Justin

hey woodie sorry to here about that. Sometimes a person would like to catch them in the act it would be satisfying but wouldnt solve anything. With any luck next year will be a lot better for us.

A bit off topic but true story. Years ago I was broken into a couple of times in one summer. First they got my stereo then my 10 meter radio the second time. I then installed the Mustad security system on my new stereo. A little soldering and some trebles is all it took. He went for the bait but shook off after he saw me coming out my front door. (I awoke to some serious screams) One of the trebles went with him. The cops laughed silly for about 15 minutes when they saw what happened. They said they's check the ER but nothing ever came of it.

Happy Turkey Day and sorry about your puter papa.

Another trick for car stereo systems is to solder razor blades on the back/bottom edge. When (Contact Us Please) reaches under to dislodge the radio... slice wink.gif

Hope you get your 'puter back. It would be nice if the common man could get a little justice once in a while.

That's what those guys deserve! Glad to hear it. You could have got the perps on DNA if he ever was in the system.

I'm remembering that for next time, although I'm more into getting a deck than an amp or speakers

Sorry to hear about your loss. I work in the insurance world so I can tell you that auto insurance doesn't cover contents no matter what, full coverage or not. Most homeowners or renters policy would have coverage for off premiss contents unless you had some sort of exclusion for computers. Of course you have the deductible. Good luck. It's truely sad that there are people like this out there.