Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mike jupiter

trailer lights question.

5 posts in this topic

how much does it cost, generally, to fix trailer lights on a trailer? right now, i plug them up to my truck and get nothing.

First thing to do is check your ground wires. Bet thats the problem. wink.gif

-You dopn't say what part of the state you are in. But there is NOT a whole lot to lights on a trailer (usually) I had my trailer wired and new lights put on buy a prfessional company that does this kindof work (mostly I was being lazy but also because I did not have alot of time, either. ) Anyway, They rewired my trailer for around $80.00. I am not recommending you go this route, of course. But it is not all that expesinve. Of course, it is problaby better to do it yourself if you have the time and can run to hte hardware store for lights and wire and connectors and have a few simple tools and such. Most repair garages will do the work for youy and a lot of shade tree mecahnics will too if you know someone in the neighborhood who likes to putz around with stuff like this. Anyway Good Luck!

Harbod Freight has lights and wire harness on sale for 14.99 not on sale 19.99.course you do the work.They are water proof also.

You might also want to check to make sure the wire coming from your truck are okay, usually the ground on the trailer is the problem. Good luck.