• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

please post reports as to how ice formation is progressing in the talmoon area. it will be much appreciated, you know dec 1 is not far away. that would be spearing opener.

small ponds are starting to freeze and it is cold this morning it should be happening soon

Jason

jason, thanks for the reply, keep updating if possible. maybe see ya at highbanks some weekend this hardwater season.

Little Turtle by Talmoon froze over Wednsday night except for a couple small areas in deeper water.

thanks for the info, just checked the 10 day forecast below 0 lows andteens for highs, seeya on o frozen lake dec 1.

checked internet weather for next 10 days, monday high of 20, thats the warmest it gets, 7 below is the coldest it gets. tell me, ive been told that at 0 degrees/24hrs makes 1 inch of ice. is this accurate?this means we should have at least 7 inches of ice on my honey holes.

Iv'e heard the 1" rate before, but I think the ratio slows down the thicker the ice. Weather man is saying 1" snow tonite and 3 to 6 on wednsday.

Big and Little Jessie were still about 80%-90% open water as of yesterday. Little Turtle was completly capped.

I was out today and this is what I found. Winnie by Tamarack Point was froze as far as the eye could see in all directions. Big Ball Club was froze on the south end and the shorelines were iced up on the north end but the middle was still open. Little Ball Club was completely covered. Deer and Moose both had shoreline ice out a ways, but still open over the majority of both lakes.

Brian

bmc, thanks for the report. does anyone have any reports on ths smaller lakes near talmoon/spring lake area. the lakes i hit dec 1 weekend normaly have 5-7 inches of ice when these other lakes have these reports you gave on winnie or ball club. heard 3rd river has had ice since tanksgiving, thats good info for the lakes i frequent. any more ifo would be helpful. thanks again.

Heard Big Bowstring was froze over didn't see for my self. Was over to Big Jessie past monday and the north and south ends had ice and the middle was open but it got down to 5 below that eve so should of froze more. Little Jessie is always late being so deep.

its getting closer, any updated ice conditions? what about snow forecast for up there. thanks.

Was on the south end of bowstring this afternoon. lake was completely froze over. It wouldn't surprise me to see a few houses out there this weekend.

Any ice reports on Bass lake? Want to fish the lower lake next tuesday sticking to the shallows by the shoreline.

I think you should be alright on Bass. Be prepared for that cold, nasty wind coming at you on that side of the lake!!! grin.gif

Brian