Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Matt C

I broke down

13 posts in this topic

I broke down and winterized the boat today...

Is it May yet?

I was thinking the same thing but I haven't broke down yet. Actually, I was thinking of doing some fishing tomorrow afternoon. grin.gif

I put mine away last sunday afternoon and evertime i drive by a lake i want to kick my self in the hind end we need ice soon.

Oh, but it's SO close. The rest of this week will really hurry things up.

There was ice in the bucket this morning - it's CLOSE!

Just curious what do you do to winterize your boat. I've always taken it to a marina. I'd like to save some $$$$

Push new "lube" through the lower unit, fill gas tank, add Sta-Bil to full gas tank, unplug gas line and run motor out of gas, pull plug, open all compartments, trim motor down and pull all batteries and electronics.

In the spring, new oil, oil filter and plugs...pitter, patter, let's get at 'er. grin.gif

Took the words out of my mouth TO smile.gif

The only thing I do different is, I don't pull the gas line. I just run it for 10 minutes or so to get the gas treatment through.

I also put RV/Anti Freeze through the live wells tanks, output and input. And I put it in the hull of the boat, and run it through the bilge until it runs all red. Then pull the plug to make sure theres nothing left and shes all dry. (wet dry vac works well)

I also put charcoal in the dry storage and live wells to ensure no moisture stays in there to mold up. I may be a bit anal with that, but it seems to work :/

"Breaking down" in a few minutes... confused.gif

I have a heated garage you can put your boat in so you wouldn't have to go thought all that work. grin.gif P.S. Will need the keys to start it so it doesn't get all gumed up. wink.gif

You must be done. smirk.gif

yes, just slept for 7 hours, ate supper, slept another 11 hours, what day is it??? blush.gif

I didn't mind putting the boat away for the winter. Ice is right around the corner so storing the boat is bittersweet. I just got done putting the 68 fury down for it's long winter nap and that hurt.

C'mon ice!!!!!

Time to eat again. grin.gif