• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

1st Ice Event on Fish Lake Sat Dec. 8th

If my truck is available, i'll sureley bring the grill with me. I just picked up chains for the wheeler today....might help me a bit if i bring a trailer this time....

trailer on the back, plow on the front....should balance out evenly with weight!~

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Northlander

• ripstick

• Papa Woodie

• Surface Tension

Woodie, Your plow will get hung up and slow you way down. I would just pull your trailer but like steve said there may be a lot of Snow. So plan ahead to all I will have my sled with as well if you need a ride out and back I think frank Jr will bring you out and back he passed his test the safety test he need some sled time and he can use mine if dad will let him :smirk.:

I penciled this event in on my calender ,,,so I hope to see you all on the ice ,,,,I wont have my wheeler with so I will have to bug some one for a ride out

Randoid

BD110, I may be coming out (50/50 like Cheffery said). If no one can take that wheeler out, I'll be happy to bring it and shuttle people even if I can't fish long. Let me know what ya think.

[email protected]

BD110 who ya fishin with? Tim has chubs and crappies.

Im thinking dock island area again if we can get there without a ton of slush.

Bd110 if you want to fish friday let me know. I will be up there most of the day friday. Maybe hit that one area we usually hit early ice? Think we get can to the west side islands?

Shiner,

I'm sure we can work something out. I'll wait to hear from ripstick.

Northlander,

I'm going to be fishing with Gary as in Gary and Sue. I plan on fishing on Friday for sure. We can touch bases later. I plan on fishing all week starting Tuesday. I can hardly wait!!!

Headed up this weekend, with wheeler, but alone, fishing buddy can't make it, and have never been to fish lake. Should be at the lake about 8:00am ish. Also this is my first FM event. Can I tag along with someone who knows the lake, or ???? confused.gif - don't know what to expect or how these things work???? tongue.gif any info would be greatly appreciated - thanks

smile.gif

Reelemin e-mail me and Ill give you my cel #. That way you can call when you get to the lake. I think we will all head to the same area in the morning and then scout a bit in the afternoon if ice lets us. Then later towards evening we will settle in to a good night bite area.

Also bring a good 2 way radio if ya have one. Extra batteries are a good idea too. Hand held GPS is always good idea as well if ya have one.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

For those that haven't been to one of our Get Togethers,

We gather in an a predetermined area. You can setup and fish there or move off on your own. Hi-Banks Resort is were we access the lake(directions coming soon). Bring your FRS radio and use channel 7.

Tim at Highbanks has my cel # and can call me for those who dont hace a cel or my number. We will send someone to get you. Pack as little as needed though because the snow is deep and we are getting more tomorrow.

Please show your support and get your bait/beer/waxies/snacks etc. from Tim at Highbanks. He waves the access fee and helps out with a lot of our events on Fish Lake.

After we are done fishing Sat night we will meet at Highbanks for some beverages, BS time and pizza. Probably about a hour after dark or so. This will give people time to get in to shore, put away gear and gather in Highbanks.

Pretty sure myself and 2 buddies will be making it. Will have 2 wheelers not sure about the 3rd. Hope to see you all there.

Steve -

If you could, please bring that piece of equipment we were talking about. I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks again!~

I'm out. Just like last year, two kid's in basketball will keep me away, not to mention a Christmas party starting at 6pm confused.gif Oh well, be safe and enjoy the day people. BC

The load and his bro will be there. Will need a ride out to the to Steves Honey hole What time is best???later the load

BC, tell the kids good luck.

Load good to hear you can make it. If you get there around 8 there should be activity around Hi-Banks Resort. If you plan on sleeping in we can arrange to get you. Shoot me an email.

Frank word has it the RAT has a new pair of dancing shoes. Got the from some guy name Fred dont know last name but I think it begins with an A. Who knows. grin.gifgrin.gif

I am officially out, the baby sitter just gave me the final NO! Good luck to everyone, have fun.

frown.giffrown.gif Won't be able to make this weekend at Fish Lk. - mad.gifmad.gif - just found out I have a big assignment do for school on Sat.( it sucks going back to school as an old adult ooo.gif Oline course - they don't seem to have weekends confused.giffrown.gif ) Will catch you all at another event - good luck and be safe wink.gif

Tami

Tami thats cool.

We are getting more snow as I type. Supposed to be really cold this weekend too. Everyone make sure your heaters are workin good. grin.gif At least the slush will be frozen.

Tami we will see ya at the Bash maybe?

Quote:

it sucks going back to school as an old adult

The only that sucks is that I have to leave my house (I work at home) when the weather is bad! I am THE worst winter driver because I usually don't have to. I take night classes now & I am terror stricken if the roads get greasy! But I guess I gotta say it's worth the driving and homework to make a change in life, right, Tami? Sorry to hear you won't make it to the Fish Lake event. See you at the Bash?

What all will be going on . I am planning to take a ride up . I'll have my fishing gear with.

Supposed to be good and cold Fri night, temps have been very agreeable for ice making the last few nights. Should be safe for wheeler traffic. Although I am without an ice house for now, I plan to be at Highbanks about 0700 with my wheeler, auger and fishing gear. I am gonna use my ground blind for shelter and see how it goes. I plan to bring a few of my homemade beers in case anyone gets thirsty.

I'll help ferry a few people who are without transportation.

I finally made up my mind, I am going to be there. I will be on foot is the only problem. If your spot is too far i might need to bum a ride. I don't have my flip over up here yet, so i will be pulling an orange toboggan. What time should i be there?

Dress warm.

Twig, MN

Friday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around -20. Wind chill values as low as -31. Northwest wind between 5 and 10 mph, with gusts as high as 15 mph.

Saturday: Mostly sunny and cold, with a high near 5. Wind chill values as low as -31. Northwest wind around 5 mph.

Saturday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around -6. North wind around 5 mph.

UMDSportsman, We'll look out for you.

Quote:

What all will be going on . I am planning to take a ride up . I'll have my fishing gear with.

We will be fishing of course. No prizes or food this year. It got to be where people stayed for the food and prizes then left.

We will be leaving and heading out to a spot. Unknown right now. Probably dock island. I will be leaving Highbanks about 8am if not sooner.

If you dont have a house and heat you wont last long and your holes will freeze up quickly. Its supposed to be COLD as Frank posted.

If you need a ride out make sure you are at Highbanks 8ish.

Those who show up later will have to call for a ride. Tim at Highbanks has Franks, Tom and my cel #'s.

We will meet at Highbanks after dark and BS and have some beverages.

Frank I just got home smirk.gif. Randy and I got the job done call me in the am. I will be plowing and off to fish lake if it don't get to late. If steve has room for me friday night I will stay with him smile.gif.

Steve, i have an extra 1 man if someone would like to use it. Its the one you gave me! They would have to provide their own heat...i have auger and everything else one would need.

UMDSportsman...would love to meet you. Bring your poles/bait/gear/heat. Ill bring a house for you...and pick ya up on the wheeler. I hope to be out by 730-8 or so...and have my cell and handheld available...