Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Northlander

1st Ice Event on Fish Lake Sat Dec. 8th

109 posts in this topic

Well guys we are shooting for Sat Dec 8th out of High Banks Resort. I have Cabins 3 and 4 reserved for Friday/Sat.

I will need a idea of how many guys want to stay those nights so if I need to cancel 1 cabin I can do so in time.

As usual support Tim at High Banks for all he does for this event.

Im hoping ice is good enough for wheelers/sleds. It was at this time last year, we went all over the lake but by the bridge and D a m of course.

So lets hear who all will be there.

I will be fishing all day Friday if anyone wants to join me.

I won't be staying, but count me in for fishing. Steve, I'll call you if I can make it on Friday.

Fish Fish Fish. I will be there with bells on fri nite. Well maybe not bells but it will be fun. cool.giflaugh.gif

Dec. 8th sounds good to me.......Wont need a room, but count me in for fishing.

My house is still at Tim's and we need to get it out and it will not be at dock this year smirk.gif. Deb can not wait till her bobber goes down grin.gif. she is on her way and I hope she can fish soon smirk.gif.

I am TEMPTED.

Come on down. What else ya going to do that time of year?

Last time I came down I got such a wild ride over the ice that I had two rods broken for me and the terminals on my Vex battery turned completely into pretzels. Thank God I had my camera gear in a fully padded bag or I'd be talking $10,000 in ruined gear. Not really eager to have that happen again. Can't afford to spend that kind of money on top of $3.09/gallon gas. blush.gif

If I come down this time, I'll be on my own and happy to be that way. grin.gif

If its safe for wheelers I will be there. Last year I was on foot and had to rely on a ride from Northalnder. Thanks for the lift Steve but I hate imposing on others. It will be a one day only event for me, but I had a good time and caught a few fish last year.

Reminds me, gotta start planning for another Minnesueing outing.

So that was your ice rods that poked holes in my new Otter?grin.gif

Not to mention all your busted cans of Diet Coke everywhere. shocked.gif

Even with all that I seem to remember I guided you on a 26" eye. wink.gif It was worth it.

Of coarse I'll be there.

Count me in!! I will probably bring a couple guys with. Won't be staying the night but will up there with bells on.

Jar Jar

Darn! I'll be out of town... frown.gif

Hey Gang,

I'm happy to say that Hunting season is over and I'm looking forward to getting out on the ice. I have the whole weekend off including Friday. So count me in for any and all fishing that will be taking place. I have a couple four wheelers that I or someone else can bring up for us to use. I will be staying at home also.

I'll be there with wheeler again. Hopefully, this time, there is no towing of broken down snowmobiles on the ice!

I'm waiting. Hope Gander has some good "day after thanksgiving" sales! I'm looking forward to their Ad coming in!

Lol! Papa, I had forgotten about that snowmobile...whatta expensive day for that dude... blush.gif Thanks again for the ride back to HiBanks last year. Too bad I can't make this year.

No problem....anytime. Tom..if you want to borrow my wheeler again to get yours out...let me know! Its always available to you!

I am looking forward to charging my LX5 and getting that puppy a great workout again this year!

Lets hope we get good ice by then like we did last year.

Ill have a wheeler as well and can get people out to headquarters.

Bring good 2 way radios and go to channel 7 if needed change from there. Important fish spots will of course be done by cel phone. wink.gif

Steve I think you better make it down it will be a blast. BD might have to take you up on the offer. cool.gif

1 ? will frank be doing the rat dance agian.

"will frank be doing the rat dance agian."

LOL, I had almost forgot about that one grin.gif He's (the rat) probably still having bad dreams about that little incident !!

I will be there with Junior, sled and Otter in tow. Will try to see if I can get friday off too, tho Jr has school in the afternoon. Will be staying at home.

Looks like some cool nights/days coming that will hopefully give us some good ice by then.

I keep telling you it wasn't a musk rat it was a wolverine!

I had a nightmare about it too. It lunged at me and chased me and I couldn't get away. shocked.gif

I wasn't there to witness the event in question, but you just made coffee come out of my nose Frank grin.gif

Wolverine??? I thought it was a cougar... grin.gif

If i recall correctly, Skippers Kid may have the pictures from that! Or was it BD110? Either way...i'm sure this year there will be many more memorable moments!

Casey,

I have only heard of the stories on this matter. I'm not the person with any photos. I didn't even get a first hand look at Frank's Moon Walk (Dance) that took place the year before. It just seems to get better each year!!!