Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MinnesotaMongo

OK - this ice fishing just looked ridiculous

13 posts in this topic

I was at Cabela's Saturday - and they have a new jig stick that has this MASSIVE spring bobber on it - I mean it's like 2 feet long.

Just a question, do you have to wear a paper bag over your head if you are caught with that thing? LOL.

It was about 50 bucks - yikes.

I did like the new Berkley Rod with the tiny spring bobber attachment - that looked nice.

Lots of new gear out there to spend money on. Wow - I really liked the new X2 Trap with the quilted cover. It just looks warmer!!!

I wish they wouldnt of stopped making the frabil springbobber rods, the spring was built into the tip. I personally hate the newer attached styles, way to bulky

I really like Thorne bros rods with their spring bobber for when I use one.

Don't let Tom fool you. He uses a spring bobber ALL of the time. grin.gifgrin.gif That 2' extenstion sounds like something that might be right up his alley.

What do you say TH?

If it would help me catch fish I would use it only no paper bag would be needed. She would be very sensitive for sure.

Sounds a little long but who knows. confused.gif

Maybe we'll get lucky and someone will bring one to a Get-Together. We could run it "through the ropes" then. Oh, and we would definitely get a picture of us using it so that it could circulate through the forums and then we could beat off the sarcasm for 10 days or so. grin.gifgrin.gif

I was just at Gander Mtn. They do have Frabil spring bobber you can put in the tip top eye of your rod.

I was just at the Bait Shop on River front in Mankato. They have frabil springbobber rods.

Quote:

I wish they wouldnt of stopped making the frabil springbobber rods, the spring was built into the tip. I personally hate the newer attached styles, way to bulky

Frabill still makes the panfish popper with the built in spring bobber. Plus we also carry the Frabill spring bobbers in a 3 pack.

Joe

Jr, does the pannypopper still have the old style spring or the same snap in design like the 3 pack spring bobbers be cause the ones he is thinking of are the original design that uses a diffrent tip than what is in the three pack (the new design is like trying to feel an 1/8 oz. walleye jig with a golf ball for a tip on the end of your rod grin.gif but the old ones where awesome

I will check and get back to you. But you are correct, they changed them a few years ago. I forgot about that. Sorry confused.gif

Quote:

Jr, does the pannypopper still have the old style spring or the same snap in design like the 3 pack spring bobbers be cause the ones he is thinking of are the original design that uses a diffrent tip than what is in the three pack (the new design is like trying to feel an 1/8 oz. walleye jig with a golf ball for a tip on the end of your rod
grin.gif
but the old ones where awesome

They're all the newer style. Northland has a new line of combos that has a similar style spring bobber built in that may be worth a look. I haven't used them yet (Ice is a little thin for me). crazy.gif

Sorry for misleading people.

Joe

Haha thats cool. Ya I was talkn bout the older 1s, sry that was unclear, I might have 2 look in2 those northland rods, its only a matter of time til I break this 1 frown.gif