• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

lowrance networking ?

meathunter

Question

When you network 2 units can they both run off the same transducer? I have a lcx 17 thats going on the bow and will be purchasing a lcx110-c to go in the cockpit. The lcx 17 has the blue plugs does the lcx 110 have the same? Also do they need to be powered separately?

8 answers to this question

MH,

I know that the 110c has the blue connectors.

I am thinking about doing the same thing with a 337 and x-25.

From what I have been able to determine is that both units need to have power but they will share info(ie... waypoints and depth from one xducer).

I have heard rumors that you would only need 1 map cartridge and it will share that data, but don't quote me on that.

No, they cannot run off the same transducer. I've read here and there that you might be able to share the digital depth (number only) but not the actual bottom structure/scrolling screen. You can share GPS and other data such as water temp though.

Quote:

No, they cannot run off the same transducer. I've read here and there that you might be able to share the digital depth (number only) but not the actual bottom structure/scrolling screen. You can share GPS and other data such as water temp though.

LMITOUT is right on as far as I know, I updated my 25c and 112c and I can share the depth reading (digital) from the transducer (only the lowrance trasducer) The front graph uses the transducer in my minkota, so it doesn't seem to play well with others. I can also share the temp readings from the transducer on both screens. It is pretty amazing what these units are capable of, and most of us only use a smattering of there functions. I would like to see a boat that has full gauges, radar, trim tabs, etc etc etc tied into this network, that would be a site to see.

I'm running a Yamaha and plan on getting the interface cable next spring to try that out. It's not very spendy so it'll be fun to play around with.

Did a little research, and WOW, don't ya know that they have a cable for suzuki outboards also. Since I run a 'zuki df 175, I plan on adding one shortly.

Yep, I think they have them for a few different brands. I saw some screen shots of the engine telemetry and it's kinda neat. Probably won't use it much, but could be helpful in diagnosing proper props and also verifying that the analog tach is accurate amongst other things.

The newer Lowrance's are coming with an ethernet adapter. This is much wider bandwidth than the current network. I hope that we will be able to use it at some point in time to transfer sonar data between units. That would sure eliminate the interference problems we now have to contend with.