Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Fishing Report Clubs - LIMITED MEMBERSHIP - Join Today - FREE   01/24/2018

Fishing Minnesota had added a new menu item (see above) called Fishing Report Clubs. It's a way to keep the really good fishing reports coming and being shared only with those who also provide detailed fishing reports. We will only approve new members who request to join if they have already posted a recent fishing report in the area forum, associated with the Fishing Report Club area  you want to join. We are going to limit the number of regular memberships, in the Fishing Report Clubs, to the top 20  members in each Club, to those with the best frequency and quality fishing reports provided in the club and less so in the regular fishing report forum open to all members. The higher quality fishing report reserved for the club of course. If  you want fishing reports  around your area, I would Join Now, some of the clubs are starting to fill fast. Use the Fishing Reports Club link in the Menu above (after you've posted a fishing report in the regular area forum) and request to Join.
  • RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
meathunter

lowrance networking ?

Question

meathunter

When you network 2 units can they both run off the same transducer? I have a lcx 17 thats going on the bow and will be purchasing a lcx110-c to go in the cockpit. The lcx 17 has the blue plugs does the lcx 110 have the same? Also do they need to be powered separately?

8 answers to this question

walleyewild

MH,

I know that the 110c has the blue connectors.

I am thinking about doing the same thing with a 337 and x-25.

From what I have been able to determine is that both units need to have power but they will share info(ie... waypoints and depth from one xducer).

I have heard rumors that you would only need 1 map cartridge and it will share that data, but don't quote me on that.

LMITOUT

No, they cannot run off the same transducer. I've read here and there that you might be able to share the digital depth (number only) but not the actual bottom structure/scrolling screen. You can share GPS and other data such as water temp though.

sparkyaber

Quote:

No, they cannot run off the same transducer. I've read here and there that you might be able to share the digital depth (number only) but not the actual bottom structure/scrolling screen. You can share GPS and other data such as water temp though.

LMITOUT is right on as far as I know, I updated my 25c and 112c and I can share the depth reading (digital) from the transducer (only the lowrance trasducer) The front graph uses the transducer in my minkota, so it doesn't seem to play well with others. I can also share the temp readings from the transducer on both screens. It is pretty amazing what these units are capable of, and most of us only use a smattering of there functions. I would like to see a boat that has full gauges, radar, trim tabs, etc etc etc tied into this network, that would be a site to see.

LMITOUT

I'm running a Yamaha and plan on getting the interface cable next spring to try that out. It's not very spendy so it'll be fun to play around with.

sparkyaber

let us know how it works out, this stuff is fascinating.

sparkyaber

Did a little research, and WOW, don't ya know that they have a cable for suzuki outboards also. Since I run a 'zuki df 175, I plan on adding one shortly.

LMITOUT

Yep, I think they have them for a few different brands. I saw some screen shots of the engine telemetry and it's kinda neat. Probably won't use it much, but could be helpful in diagnosing proper props and also verifying that the analog tach is accurate amongst other things.

waskawood

The newer Lowrance's are coming with an ethernet adapter. This is much wider bandwidth than the current network. I hope that we will be able to use it at some point in time to transfer sonar data between units. That would sure eliminate the interference problems we now have to contend with.