Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dahitman44

Little "Extras" in Fish Houses?

23 posts in this topic

I like "dinging" around with things, so I was wondering what little extras you have added to your houses?

Going to pick up the house before the big snowstorm this weekend, so just wondering what you guys have done.

Last year I "sheeted" out the inside with paneling. Any other things you have seen or have done yourself?

Thanks

Hitman

Mine has a kind of bubble wrap on the inside. and also have to have tv and stereo radio. Tshirt and tennis shoe is all i wear in my house, no freezeing gotta be comfortable.

Gotta have a cheap can crusher on the wall, saves a lot of room for the garbage. I also bought a little shelter for a bathroom. And then a camp toilet inside. Thats for lake of the woods where there are soo many people around. Shelves shelves shelves and hooks hooks hooks. Places to hang just about anything..

Dragon --

Where did you get the can crusher?

BTW -- how do you like the job?

I cant remember, do you have any rattle reels?

Of course -- you must have had too many of my adult beverages.

wink.gif

i think I just bought it at Wal Mart for about 9-10 bucks. Screws right to the wall, little garbage below it and your set to drink 2-3 cases before switching it !!!!!!!!!!

Seems pretty flimsly but works pretty darn good.

You guys drink beer while ice fishing? shocked.gif

No --

That is for all of the cans of diet Squirt.

wink.gif

hit, don't rag on diet squirt or you'll have to spend a night in the box tongue.gif

I have added an arsonel of LED lights that do not draw as much current of my batteries. They dont heat up the diet Mountain Dew either.

It's Miller time, oh wait i mean, diet coke

Ok -- Sorry Dead.

How about a Diet Fresca?

Most of you guys are too young to remember the Fresca.

I remember being at Red Willow for a softball tourney about 18 years ago and they didn't have anything that I ordered, so I just kept getting more off the wall and making the guys laugh. Then I started over, "I'll just take a Dew." Then like, Red, White and Blue and Hamms.

I knew they didn't serve3 beer so that made it fun. The guys were almost crying they were laughing so hard.

The old lady, "I told you no Dew." and then I went through all of them again. Really odd stuff I knew they didn't have. I finally said, "Ok, Just a Fresca."

I thought she gave up until she cam up to our table with an old, dusty can of Fresca. She had quite the look on her face!

The joke was on me and one guy had milk coming out of his nose he was laughing so hard.

YOU GUYS FISH WHILE DRINKING ????????????????

Yeah --

At least we always catch something.

wink.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifcool.gif

You have to have a fishing god statue to rub and pray to when the fishing isn`t very good. But the bottle bass always bite. shocked.gif

Geez Hit,

Talking Red Willow. Brought back a little flood of the old days. I grew up in Cooperstown so we played a lot of ball up there. The Haines' were great people. We used to deer hunt northeast of the lake and on the other side of the refuge on the west side of the lake. Some of the best tounaments around.

Thanks for the memories.

C--

Those were some great people at Red Willow.

My mom used to work there as a kid. Crazy.

So you are from Cooper? I have some realtives from that area -- I am sure you don;t know them -- Sorbo?

We are related to that Hercules guy -- Kevin Sorbo.

Hitman

I'm a classmate of Linda. We lived about a block and a half from them. When we were little we looked up to Darrell. He went by the nickname, "Nuts". Golfed a lot with him through high school. Terry was in my sister's class, I think. Mike and Lillian always treated us well when we came over. Were you also related to the Hagles then too?

I had a brother that worked at Red Willow as a kid too. It would have been in the 1980-1984 range.

So, what is your name then?

I will ask my mom if she knows you.

Small world, eh?

My name is Greg Stetz. There were four of us brothers that played up there but not all at the same time. The brother that worked at Red Willow was Bryan. He is better known, actually only known, as Sumo.

Thanks

I will see what she remembers.

Hit

Has anyone ever used the Lewandoski rod holders? they look like they could save me some rods over the course of the winter. If you have tried them please let me know what you think. thanks