• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

AARRRGGGH!!!

It's not even thanksgiving, and there is already that yucky Christmas music playing on the radio!!! confused.gif Doesn't it get sickening enough playing that crap AFTER thanksgiving and having to put up with it till January?

Don't get me wrong, I love the Lord, I just hate that sickening music that has nothing to do with Him at all!

What's next, Are they going to start rolling out the Christmas tunes right after Labor Day?

Cal....It's only a little over a month away? It's a seasonal thing...a week or so from now and it will be all fine and good. It's only for a short time...it could be worse. And it's not gonna change! Why put yourself through it?

We started playing classic Christmas music a week ago....Dean Martin, Elvis, Bing Crosby....gotta work up to it, get in the mood, it helps soften the blows of the up comming Christmas debt. Grit your teeth, you'll get through it. It's like snuff, some people like it, some don't! grin.gif Hey, what about switching stations?

I don't suppose it's anything different then preparing for the summer or winter openers in advance? FleetFarm, Cabellas, Gander, they all come out with seasonal stuff well in advance of the actual event...of course you don't have to listen to a new reel, or a tip-up, or a pair of waders in their ads...but they are just trying to lighten peoples spirits and get people in the Christmas holiday mood!

Quote:

ha ha I just put up a Christmas wreath yesterday...

Ben, I'll send you some fruitcake. Would you like that with or without nuts grin.gif

I agree! The Philistine merchants have to sell, sell, sell and some college educated bozo told them Christmas Music puts people like us in the mood to spend, spend, spend. Personally, I just give a card with money in it and they can go buy what they like AFTER the Christmas sales are over and get it for 50% off. No shopping, No listening to dumb music, and more time to fish.

P.S. If they tell you giving money is NOT Christmas remind them that GOLD was one of the gifts they gave at Bethlehem!

Quote:

Quote:

ha ha I just put up a Christmas wreath yesterday...

Ben, I'll send you some fruitcake. Would you like that with or without nuts grin.gif

If you do send fruitcake, be sure to send it to my Chanhassen address... smile.gif

I know one thing, the Boy Scouts best get to steppin with their wreaths if they want us for customers again this season! I danged near bought one from Cub when we went grocery shopping this morning.

If something doesn't develope by Friday, we'll be going back to Cub. Yesterday, we put up a nice little Balsam my wife picked out....get an early start on the fire hazard!

She has some gifts wrapped and under it already! I used to be a "Bah, Humbug!" but over the years, she has changed me and I helped!

Now I look forward to Christmas, why, we were even dancing to some Elvis Christmas music just this afternoon! cool.gif

Calvinist,

I agree with you. It's the season to avoid the radio and the malls. Christmas has become insanity. Time to hunker down with family and celebrate the real reason for the season.

Bah Humbug! I love all them old tunes and decorations!! cool.gif Send me a fruitcake too, with lots of nuts!!!! grin.gif

I don' know about the rest of you, but Jingle Bell rock and "I saw momma kissing Santa Claus" every hour on a canned station are not my idea of classical Christmas music.

I haven't heard "Grandma Got Ran Over by a Reighndeer" yet...so I know its not Christmas quite yet. shocked.gif

Anyone watch National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation? I watch it every year crazy.gif That gets me in the Christmas spirit!