Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
McGurk

Cheap Propane Fill-ups/ Top-offs

10 posts in this topic

It's getting to be the time of year where we are all looking to propane to keep us warm out on the ice. I think we all know where to get an exchange done for grilling season, but getting top-offs by the pound for the upcoming weekend and filling up 11 lb and 5 lb tanks for a non-20 lb price seem to throw most places for a loop.

So, where have you had propane luck and at a good price in the metro area? I'll start by suggesting (thanks to Paul Waldowski) the Uhaul in Eagan on the NE corner of Cedar Ave and 13 off of Nichols Rd. Also, Leroy's on the SW corner of 90th St and Lyndale Ave in Bloomington will fill up a tank (not just do exchanges) but they've always charged a 20 lb price. Any others?

The Clark station (formerly Spur) on Cedar and old Shakopee in Bloomington. They will charge by the pound if you ask.

Bald Eagle Bait ( Marathon Gas) just north of White Bear Lake on Hwy. 61 is cheaper than anything I have found. Great place to buy Bait also and maybe get a tip on the fishing. I would also give Blue Ribbon bait in Oakdale a try.

Uhaul in Burnsville CR5 & hwy13....about 3/4 west of 35W. Sell by the gallon and good price.

LeRoy's is expensive. I wouldn't go there again.

Vados did mine all of last winter, and they were very reasonable. I also have gone to Lakes Gas off of lyndale in north minneapolis, just south of 42nd street. they have changed things up a bit but are still reasonable in price.

You would think Blue Ribbon Bait in Oakdale would be a good place to fill small tanks. Last year they charged more per pound to fill small tanks with no explanation. I also had the same experience at Mike's LP Gas in Maplewood. Have either changed this year? An East Side source of propane that doesn't take advantage of ice anglers would be nice.

Quote:

LeRoy's is expensive. I wouldn't go there again.

You're not kidding!!! I needed to fill the backup for the Sat turkey frying and went there to get my standard $16.95 fillup after coupon, only to see the price is now $22.95!!! They will also fill a 5 lber up for $12.25 and an 11 lber for $16.52. Next time I'm going to try that welding shop up on 86th East of Nicollet. Bye, Bye, Leroy's!

Conaco on Rum River Drive in princeton was only 8.95 per 20lber up to the end of last season. Now they raised to $12.95 per 20lber. frown.gif

Depends on who is behind counter, but I have had them split a tank price, but not by a pound price.

Bauers Uhaul in minnetonka, excelsior and baker rd.