• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

when do you think will be the first fishable ice, I'm looking on coming up there the week before christmas and hopefully the ice will be thick enough.

It all depends what you consider fishable ice? Am hoping to be on a small lake this weekend hehehe. If temps stay down starting on tesday I have hope. Any way ya you should be fine a week before Christmas it most likly wouldn't be thick aenough for driving out there but If I were to guess 4 wheelers will be running around.

GRAND DAD -

I would not put teh boat away just yet. I finally pulled out my dock yesterday. Water temp was 41.

Hey Gissert,

Wish I lived up there. My dock has been out of the water for 2.5 months!!! mad.gif

i was an hour north of leech last weekend deer hunting and sunday morning were the wind didnt hit the lakes it had ice on it. also i drive from st cloud area to ramsey every day and orono lake on hwy 10 in elk river an some ice. its just needing a few calm cool nights.

Yeah, 41. I was pulling an old snag out of the way, and the water did not feel all that cold to me. I had to run up to the garage for the temp gauge and see what it really was.

My boat's pickled, but I could have her sea worthy in an hour or so...

Guys real let's stop talking about open water fishing am really starting to get depressed crazy.gif

• 2 weeks later...

some lakes are fishable now.. I was out on 7 inches yesterday.... but I would bring your knee boots.. because it's flooding pretty good...