• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Arctic Shield Clothing

mattf

I am wondering if anyone has tried that Arctic Shield brand clothing and what they thought about it????????

haven't tried it, but do own ice armor xtreme, and wouldn't trade it for a dang thing. spendy, but well worth the cost.

I tried on an Artic Shield jacket at the store, earlier this fall. It seemed like it would be very warm but when I moved my arms the insulation inside it made too much noise. I'm a bowhunter and to me, any noise seems to be amplified when there is a deer standing in front of you.

Nels

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone tried the Actic Shield boot blanket insulators or their glove/mitt system? I need to find a way to keep my hands and feet warm when I'm out bowhunting in these temps.

The AS boots are awesome. Very warm. Haven't used the mitts... Another suggestion is to get either a ThermAmat or a scrap piece of carpet to put a barrier between the metal grate and your feet.

SnoMan,

Can't say anything about the AS glove/mitt system, but you might want to just try a muff. You clip it around your waist and can keep your hands warm in light gloves that are easier to shoot with.

You can add a charcoal handwarmer too if needed. Mine has a pocket on top that I can keep any quick necessities in also. They are quite nice. Just an idea.

I have the gloves...my hands through the years get really really cold. I love them wouldn't own another pair of gloves. I want to try to get more but the price is so outragous.

Code-man

Wanderer,

I tried the muff on Tuesday night with a warmer. It worked great but I like to keep my bow in my lap with an arrow nocked and the muff kinda limits your freedom.

Code-Man,

I just won a pair of AS glove/mitts on ebay for $19 plus 6.50 in shipping. Wish I had them for tomorrow morning though!

Thanks guys for the help!

I bought a set (H2 Coat and Pants) before the 3B Deer season. They are very warm. Too warm for walking but good for stand sitting. They are a little noisy so I wore a blaze fleece jacket over the coat which helped. After 2 washings they seem to be quieter. I have the pullover style coat but wish it had a full zipper. One of the LARGE outdoor stores just had the full zip coat for $34.00 if you belong to the C. Club.

I'm looking forward to trying them on ice fishing trips

I have some boot blankets, I don't know what brand they are, they're very warm but slippery as he!! on frosty snowy ground. I forbid my wife from wearing them in a treestand, too dangerous!!! Nowadays they end up in my car survival bag.

• 4 weeks later...

As an update, the AS glove/mitt combo is awesome! I have yet to have cold hands in the stand with these on and they work great for late season pheasant hunting.

I just bought an H1 heartland jacket and is very warm but is a bit noisy with the retain lining in it. Sounds like they sew'd a hefty bag in the lining of the jacket. Wore my parka over the top if it in the tree stand last week and was very toasty and the parka killed the sound a bit. Must be the 1st generation retain because I tried the pullover on and it was very quiet. I will have to try those gloves heard they are awesome.