Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
walleyeguy2006

River current?

4 posts in this topic

How's the current looking down there. How small of jig can u get away with.

God Bless

GOOD FISHING cool.gif

Mostly depends on how precise you are with boat controll. 1/4 to 3/8 should do you just fine. 1/4 oz if you are drifting and 3/8 oz if you are anchored.

Good Luck

mw

Like Mike said grin.gif 1/4 oz works best on MN side but I found a 5/16 to be better on the WI side. Current seam was just a hair faster. Best color jighead for me was green and chartreuse. You don't need to be exactly vertical as the fish are just smacking baits right now. Not subtle at all.

Me and a buddy were down sat. and sun. Sat. we caught over 80 saugers and wallys even with the snow and all the boats. nothing big as wallys go but did get a 30.1lb flat head. Sun not as good fish were alot shallower most fish came from less then 10 FOW . Charchruse was our best with a motor oil and charchruse tail ring worm. But took 2/3 the worm off for the lite biters.

God Bless

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone

and

GOOD FISHING cool.gif