Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Walli1

nov 17-18 weekend

20 posts in this topic

Well its just a matter of hours and I'll be looking at this veiw passing though of course

PIC_0124.jpg

The boat is ready, inboard tank is full of gas, all batteries all fully charged and three scoops of fatties are ready to be sacrificed, lines are have been checked and the first ten feet cut out and retied, leaders have been retied, let the fish hunting begin, looks like I'll be flying solo in the morning, the guy who was going to go can't make it,should be on the river by 6am anyways.

you have some nice pichas thea.. i love it.. keep takin pics and catchin.. Good Luck grin.gif

I hope to be out, but probably not till noon...happy fishin.

Good luck this weekend everyone. I was able to get out for a couple of hours this afternoon. The fish were a bit deeper 22-25ft, not nearly as active as last week, but far from tight lipped. Most of the time they were mouthing and pushing baits about, every once in a while you would get a good tug. I got a couple on rapala, a few jigging, most still rigging minnows. Most of my bites occurred when I was going well under 1 mph, somewhere around .7 or so.

I'll be out around 9, heading south from Bayport. If I make it down towards you guys, the fish ain't playing fair.

LB

Well me and FWA hooked up this morning and hit the river around 6 went for a boat ride hit one area that has been really active but it looked like a ghost town nothing, hit another area graphed some fish and got a shorty, so off we went to another area and Pete hooked up with a nice 20" sauger and also picked up another 14 1/4, left that area and went to another spot and ended up loosing a photo fish and boating two more decent ones 15+ 16+ and missing several others, had such a good time, thanks Pete for going out with me this morning! HERE'S PETES (fwa) 20" SAUGER!

PICT0305.jpg

Thanks for the boat ride! It was fun and my hands have recovered just now... smirk.gif You were right though, that thing was full of eggs... wink.gif

Nice sauger FWA! They sure are getting chunky.

Me and Fishin4aLiven got out around 10am, found the fish to be biting light, lots of missed fish for both of us. We often had them hanging loose lipped on our bait, every once and awhile a fish would hit pretty big though. Had a slightly better bite going on silver shiners than fatheads, stick baits were pretty worthless. We boated about 30 fish between us, F4L got the boats only two walleye, the rest sauger. Nothing picture worthy.

Most hookups were under 1 mph and we were working 24-27' much of the time. Most the fish early in the day were on the break, it seemed the fish moved up to the flats as the day wore on. I'm thinking tomorrow will be in 20-22', or even less. Good luck.

LB

Well the day started off not very good almost dead batteries in the boat forgot to plug in the onboard charger but atleast some fish were bitting picked up 4 decent ones in one area then I went for a boat ride checking a few areas,came to one area and saw a black tuffy, went over and said hi and met Tommyk, really nice talking with you hope you like the dvd, spent the next couple hours putting the final two eyes in the box, nice going Tommy, it took me 45 more minutes to get my final one then you but I got it done!

It was a good Sunday on the water, little cold but it was nice to meet three fellow FM'ers TommyK, Walli1, and SgtTweety. Never thought I would find new fishing buddies on the internet but glad to know there are some good guys out there. We boated 7 all jig and fathead. Depths ranging from 13 - 26 so look around until the graph looks good and you might be able to get a couple. Good luck out there!

Anyone going to head out this coming weekend? I have freind who realy wants to give it a try and his boat is still out, so I think we are going out Friday hunting wallies.

If its not frozen and looks like it won't be, I'll of course be there all weekend!

Thanks for the report.

TG

Quote:

If its not frozen and looks like it won't be, I'll of course be there all weekend!

If you are heading out on Friday I would love to join you, I know I sound kinda desperate but I put the boat away last week and just cann't help myself, last weekend was great with SagtTweety, and I havn't had a bad day out there in almost 2 months I just don't want to stop. Let me know would love to hit the water again.

Well finally ran into some FMers on the river. Walli1, are you sure you didn't just settle for a whitebass for your sixth fish!!

Had similar success as Saturday but with a change in depth. The eyes were more around 25 feet instead of 18-20ft. 5 eyes and 1 sauger kept, a few shorts that went back and one too big that went back. Same bait and technique though. 3" and 4" Gulp! minnows have really become a favorite of mine, so much so that I have not used real minnows at all this year.

My to eat or not to eat measuring board only goes to 18", so this one went back...

DSC01719.jpg

Walleye candy...

DSC01733.jpg

Hey Tommy, how long does that gulp last once you open it? Also, is it pretty durable?

If you mean how long once you take an individual piece out of the pack... a long time if you keep it wet. If you mean how long will a pack last, the answer is also a long time. They are not easily ruined by fish, at least not the minnows. The curly tail grubs don't hold up as well because of the thin twister tail. The packs go plenty long, but i got a bucket since I use 3" chartreuse most of the time, but I added the 4"ers and 2.5"ers from my packs into the bucket as well. Not sure if colors bleed so I don't mix colors. I have had days where I have only used one and then put it back with the rest for another day (that was with plenty of fish caught too), and the most I think I used in one day was only two! Teeth or no teeth, they last through lots of fish.

Are you going out this weekend or did the tuffy get put away, still aren't sure if I'm working friday or not but thursday morning I'll get out for a couple hours and saturday and sunday for sure.

Hey Walli, you wouldn't happen to have an open seat on Saturday? I think that's the only day I have open this weekend as I'm a whore for the black Friday shopping. Anyhow, let me know if you got a seat and want some company.

I've been working the last 2 weeks on the river, a little bit south of afton, all I can say is it sucks to watch everyone out there, fishing, having a good time, crusing by. I guess thats the way it goes. HTB

Walli1,

I will be up in Hayward Thursday thru Sunday and I will be puting the boat to bed up there for the winter. Last Sunday was the perfect way to end for me though, brought home my limit of nice eyes and met a few FMers in the process. Really had a fun year learning parts of this river and was no doubt rewarded for my time.

Thanks for the info on the Gulp Tommyk!