• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Ice Ice Ice

I can confirm the north end was iced over this morning. Let's hope it doesn't snow much for the next couple of days.

Juddh and fishorgolf...

I too am looking at getting into the muzzleloader action for next year. On a recent trip south, I was able to handle a CVA Kodiak 209 Magnum. That gun felt like it was perfect for me and plan to get one just like it. It does have the breech plug release feature to make it easy to clean. It seems like a good price for a decent feeling gun, looking at about 300 with a scope, a little less without.

By the way, anyone know what kind of ice conditions are on the little lakes up that way, my grandma has a cabin on one up that way and would like to make a trip sometime soon.

Quote:

Just about all lakes have 4-5".

Great news! I'm hoping I can find some ice here in the Mora area to throw out some tip ups or find some pannies. Haven't checked local ice in a couple days but I'm betting we're close to the same, if not Mcgregor is only an hour. laugh.gif

Keith,

R u heading out this weekend? I'll be out next weekend on Section 10. There was about 4 inches on the lake on Tuesday night. I would expect there to be 6 or 7 by next weekend with these temps. Butt cold out there!

Wauk is almost there. Except around the island. Was there today and looks like there has been some walkers.

Thats a tricky one with that current going by the 30 hole.

Wauk always draws the crowd.It's amazing how it keeps putting out the eaters.

I have seen it go down hill over the last 5 years.

Too many double dippers too.

CK....any reports from over by Wright? I'm looking at dragging my shorthair up to the hunting shack for a little grouse hunting and icefishing.

I was on the ice today.There was 5" and Wright is not that far away.I'd say those lakes are just as locked up as ours is.

I just drilled a hole on the north end of BSL - main lake 30 yards from shore. 4 1/2 good solid clear inches. It's 6 degrees and very still. Oh yeah.