• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Deer tower blind plans

pleasantlake

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Heres JustinG's

P1010009.jpg

Any Questions? grin.gif

Sweet. Also, do a search on here as this topic has been on here a few times and people have shown some nice ones. I think you'll have to buy some if you want actual drawings. Otherwise, check out some places that sell accessories or brackets for them. They may offer free plans or ideas along with their product. I know if you do a search for shadow hunters llc and elevators you can find some cool stuff. I am building an elevated platform for one of my pop-up blinds next year using some ideas off there.

deerstandvj4.jpg

this was in the New York Mills Herald last week (small town in west central mn).

The paper wants to do a feature on local deer stands in an upcoming issue.

I'm all for a little comfort, but that's getting a little carried away. Why not just get a deer hunting video game, and stay home. I'm not trying to offend, I'm just a little perplexed.

It's gorgeous, but I've never had one spot I'd want to spend that much money on. I want to sit in a different stand usually morning & evening of the same day. There's so many good places to hunt I just can't see spending that much time & money on one.

I could see it, I guess, as a stand/cabin on your hunting land. Kind of a once a year kinda deal. Go up for gun season to a honey hole that produces every year. One guy gets to sit stand mah jal and the other guys sit in the other stands in the property. Why not if you got the time and resources.

I wonder if they have a building permit for that thing. A buddy of mine was on the local township planning board and he said one year a guy came in and got a permit after the fact to build a stand. He needed it since any structure that costs over $1000 needs a permit.

He is waiting for the flood waters to come. He can tie up his boat and stay dry. That is crazy. I am just looking for something with a roof.

How can someone build a structure like this and I can't even have a little shack by a lake for storage without getting "hit".

They need to make rules about these shacks. They take away from the beauty of the land, and most are permanent. Their needs to be more rules (laws) set on these.

Why bring the comforts of home hunting? But, I am one of these people that think camping is only camping if you are in a tent. This, to me, is not hunting.