Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Random guy

Are ya ready? (pics included)

21 posts in this topic

Myself and the Waskish Minnow Station team are pumped for ice season! Some pics from last year to get revvevvevved up for making holes in the ice. Early season pike trips are just a few cold nights away and then onto crappie chasing/walleye hunting and the big bang at the end in March with crappies every where and dandy perch. I can't stand it, it needs to freeze!

Dandy March Perch

perchlw8.png

P.O.ed Pike

emailpike2bf.jpg

Slabmonster Crappies

imgpatsyyh0.jpg

Enough walleye to feed the troops

urlwalleyejp7.jpg

Kids learning video games really are not that much fun

img1005kx5.jpg

Good times with good friends even if you are lost

directionvn6.jpg

It is just around corner boys n girls...who's pumped?!

My room is reserved for the Slabfest and I plan on seeing you sooner Jonny.

Quote:

It is just around corner boys n girls...who's pumped?!

Well, ok. I'm pumped...I guess.

Quote:

I plan on seeing you sooner Jonny.

Coming up for some early season pike? Oh ya

Ya just had to do that, didn't ya Jonny?!?!??! I'll be there for Slabfest. Plus, myself and a merry band of drunken losers will be in one of your fish houses in January. It can't come soon enough!!!!

Definitely ready and the photos do help.

Thats right Jonny. Hopefully I can due battle with that northern that got away this past summer only this time on my ice rod.

Oh boy, what a battle it will be. cool.gif

Am I ready? Yup. Finished off charging the deep cycles (amazing how much bright the lights are on a full battery). All the goodies are inside except malt beverages and ready to microwave Mexican food.

I had planned earlier to pull the house back over on the Saturday after Thanksgiving, but given the price of gas I'll just wait until first ice.

I AM ready...

Quote:

Oh boy, what a battle it will be.
cool.gif

The last fight you got into granted it was a short battle it was brutal...guessing we are just going to bait the hook on the ATV winch for you this time, maybe that will handle it. grin.gif

Quote:

My room is reserved for the Slabfest and I plan on seeing you sooner Jonny.

Harvey Lee,

When is Slab Fest this year? I have some houses rented with Kelly P Feb 20-22.

I think Tom is out hunting so I'll field this one.

Saterday Feb 23rd is the set date for Slabfest this year. Of course alot of the guys start showing up around the 20th.

Here's some pics from our trip last winter to URL out of the Minnow station. Couldn't let you be the only one to post John wink.gif

Pic006.jpg

Pic005.jpg

Pic002.jpgPic010.jpg

Pic009.jpgpikeonice.jpg

The last pike one was from a diffrent lake, just thought I put it on for the die hards.

Yes, I'm ready!!

Jonny's posting some photos so I'll post up a couple great trips from last winter.

Here's Borch & I with the weekend to remember!

02-17-07%20The%20Catch.jpg

Couple more...

02-17-07%20Chris%20Double%202.jpg

Another good weekend!

031307urlcrappiesju8.jpg

Few walleyes and a bait stealing crappie!

020907url4cx3.jpg

Yes... all from last winter. Remember, there are no crappies left in the lake. wink.gif

Grey house, white door, picture of crappie, Hanson and Crookston written by door. There're on fish! Everybody knows where to fish now. grin.gifgrin.gif

I agree, follow Hanson!! Then my house wont have shacks set-up 10-Feet from the front door. Kelly, I think you guys should start painting layers on your houses everyother day...just like in the old movies when the bank robbers would peel of the paint from the getaway car. grin.gif

Fish next to it if you want, some weekends we never even augered the holes out in the house. LOL! wink.gif

I love the slab and pike pictures but what's with the "rough fish"??

Can't wait to get up there. Reserve the last week of january with Johnny.Was up there last year and had a great time even tough we only caught a couple of craps and about 100 eyes. see you in January Johnny P.

Well look at what you started Jon!!!

To answer the question...Yes I'm ready!!! laugh.gif

Here's a few pics from last winter.

Fisherdog, My wife Wanda and myself with the results of a late March day trip

100_0513.jpg

Me with a 38" pike caught on crappie gear at Slabfest

100_0436.jpg

Wanda and I on yet another URL outing

100_0501.jpg

Now that's just the fishing. Then there's the time shooting the bull with the good folks who hang out at Talltales and Westwinds. It's a great time and we can't wait to get back up there!

Amen!

Tall Tales- stock the freezer with Pizza! Dang that home made or locally made pizza was good!

And remember to ring the cowbell when you enter to let everyone know you are there! wink.gif