• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Just Making Sure

DeanoB

So stopped by the range just to make sure the gun was all sighted in. Shooting the Hornady SST 12 ga "slugs" if you can call them that! Unbelievable! 5 shots inside 2-3 inches at 100 yards! looked like one big ragged hole. Rem 870 w/ rem rifled barrel, and bushnell tropy variable scope. If i miss one, it will not be due to inaccurate ammo! No wonder they're sold out everywhere. good hunting to all getting out this weekend, be safe have fun, and take PICS!! cool.gif

How much do the Hornady's cost? I have the same Rem. 870 with the Re. rifled barell and shoot the Winchester Sabot's thru them. At 50 yds it was dang near dead on. I did not try 100yds because I can barely see 50yds from my stand. Just wondering how much they cost? Winchester's were $10 a box.

I just saw these online last night. I do not shoot slugs but if I did those would be it! Biff, I think hornady has them for 15 something on their web site.

i have seen them from 10.98 - 12.99 most places, i used to shoot the win sabot BRI, until I found these.

I have used them for 2 years out of a benelli. They are devistating. However, I never get a good blood trail with them. They are very accurate and I have busted through 2 sholders with perfect expansion. The entry and exit hole are no larger than a dime though. That didn't matter in my case because combined 3 deer didn't move more than 20 yards after the shot. They are great rounds and I think the Winchesters are exactly the same only more expensive. I bought SST's for 11.99 at Gander.

I put down a deer today using the Winchestor Sabot's and put a pretty good hole through the kill zone. Have not shot these winch at more than 50 yrds. I will try the Hornady's next year. The deer I shot was no more than 30yds away.