Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
federline

I can't wait for ice on Mille Lacs!

22 posts in this topic

I don't know what else to say! I'm thinking about it all the time! grin.gif

I'm with ya brother!!!

Amen, Brother.

I here with ya. I cant wait to be sitting on a mud flat with the aqua vu down and seeing a school of walleyes coming in, that will get ur heart pounding! smirk.gif

I am literally losing sleep over thinking and reading about ice fishing. I have my portable setup in my living along with a 5-gallon pail of water to practice my jigging techniques crazy.gif Also had to fire up the auger so my coat would have that 2-stroke fragrance to it.

Started the auger today after finishing up some yard work. The sound was like dinner music. grin.gif

Mille Lacs is always my first adventure of the new ice fishing season. I don't even care if I catch anything, just so I'm there trying! Of course it's always better if you do catch something, that goes without saying.

A walleye out of Mille Lacs means more to me then a walleye out of anywhere else...same with the perch, Mille Lacs has an aura and mystique all it's own as far as I'm concerned and it has been a special place for me since I was a kid. I can hardly wait!

I was out at JR's and FleetFarm on Wed. and what was I buying? Stuff that might catch perch on Mille Lacs! I rerigged all my ice rods and what was I thinking about while I was doing it? Mille Lacs! smile.gif

We can't either!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have been working hard on putting together a new Premier Rental for all of our Customers.

This house is perfect for the guys, or for the guy who would like to introduce his whole family to the sport of Ice Fishing in a very gentle way laugh.gif

Features include: Queen Bunks, Twin Bunks, Range w/Oven, Microwave, Indoor Bathroom, TV/DVD Player, Underwater Camera, Electricity, Ceiling Fan and a Fireplace smile.gif Oh yeah and it has 8 Rattle Wheels, one for each hole.

Here's a sneak peek....... before it gets the finishing touches.

Fishhouse1.jpgFishhouse2.jpgFishhouse3.jpgFishhouse4.jpgFishhouse5.jpg

Oh my. And it even has rattle reels. With all that other stuff, you might forget you're fishin! smile.gif Maybe I can get my wife up there if we have something that sweet to fish out of. What's the cost on that puppy? Didn't see him on the website yet.

Wow, the 11/12 of Jan is a busy weekend, eh? What's up with that? You have like 10x as many houses reserved that weekend as the other ones combined in Jan!

Speaking of ice, anyone got the current temp on Mille Lacs.

Think Ice.

K Dawg as of an hour and a half ago it was 37 main lake and 35.5 by shore. NW corner. Won't be long guys.

Hey Paul,

They guy who pulls our houses out of Cove Bay is saying that the water level is extreemly low and boats are having trouble launching. Is this going to make getting on the ice a problem if there are a lot of exposed rocks? If nothing else, we will be going up to check out the early ice action for Northerns in the bay in the portable.

Glock,

The thing about exposed rocks is the sun will heat them up and they weaken the ice around them. This also happens in any shallow water area and is part of the reason that the ice around shore always goes first. We have the same thing up here with Doe Island. We always stay a good distance from it.

frown.gif The fish house....It's almost to hard to look at, without being able to be there!

Thanks for that Mykal. Can't wait.

was out yesterday and the temp was 35-38

Quote:

I don't know what else to say! I'm thinking about it all the time!
grin.gif

Maybe it wouldn't be such an issue if your ice fishing buddies would quit calling and emailing about the fishhouse projects, etc.? grin.gif

I think you've done your fair share of "spreading the sickness" as well.

Paul - that's quite the Chateau de Appledoorns! Are you renting it out as a cabin in summer too? shocked.giftongue.gif

Quote:

Glock,

The thing about exposed rocks is the sun will heat them up and they weaken the ice around them. This also happens in any shallow water area and is part of the reason that the ice around shore always goes first. We have the same thing up here with Doe Island. We always stay a good distance from it.

Another reason to pass up them public access' and find a trustworthy resort with maintained roads to head out of. It's almost that time!

Hi Skies and eyes, Did you see any fish? What type of rig do you run? I thought I saw someone at the landing when I went by. There are still some die hard muskie anglers out there. While I was roofing the bait shop today there were a couple that stopped by looking for bait. Must be a hot bite somewhere.

Jason Erlandson

Sorry, I am going to twist this post just a little bit. In my anticipation of the upcoming season. I went to the local sporting goods store to check out the new Ice fishing set. Lots of really cool new stuff, but I was wondering what were some of your favorite Mille Lacs lures, gear, must haves? Anyone see the next hot thing? What is it? I have just about everything and know what my old stand by's are, but I am looking for some new tricks.

Hey Jason,

I run a 2025 Pro-V. Getting winterized on wed:( Was out Sunday night looking for the monster muskie of the year and ended up with some dull hooks (from catching rocks)...I figured it was time to switch gears. Phils had 2.5 inches of ice in their harbor, but Garrison public was open, but brought a pole to push my boat through the shallow stuff. Water temp was 34-35

After driving by there the last number of days for Thanksgiving get togethers you may havegot out just in time. Ice pretty much covers the shorelines now. I guess it is time to get the jigging spoons ready.

Jason Erlandson