Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

river temp and level

1 post in this topic

today 11/14/07, river level is 675.73 and temp. is 38 degrees F. brrr huh? the temp is not surface temps. but i'm not sure what depth is no longer considered ''surface''. i'm thinking it's 9-10 feet but that's just my guess. it's the temp at the stillwater bridge. and river level is at river mile 23.7 (stillwater bridge). well i got out the other night and tried a few shore areas but was blanked. last night i tried a spot i have avoided for years because getting to it is harrowing to say the least and was rewarded with several nice walleye, best one a semi-piglet going 27'' no saugs or anything else confused.gifconfused.gif not even sheepies. 'bout time it gets to cold fer them suckers wink.gif. i'll keep trying it till my lures won't break through the ice anymore then i'll be hanging up the rods till iceout.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• gunner55
      There was at least 5-6 places down the road from us that had people at them. A few showed up mid-day or so on Thursday but for most it was Friday am. With the nice weather on Saturday there was a bunch of boats out, most came out of the PA, I believe. We haven't decided when we leaving yet, so we should be here if you get bored. Boat, dock, lift are all in the lake yet so we'll be around for a while. Nothing really going on at home until turkey day anyway.
    • gunner55
      Rig / minnow, jig / minnow, we had some leeches along as well & tried them too. I was a bit surprised at the surface temps(~47) that day as they were 4-5 degrees cooler than where we fish most of the time, which is just east of Winnie / Cutfoot.
    • OhioVike
    • Cliff Wagenbach
      FishinCT, I had a tough time hooking fish even on a Lindy yesterday! Cliff
    • CaptJohnWis
      Fished ALL day with Mike. Started out good with a couple doubles on pike but slowed way down. Ended up with three walleyes, eight pike and about 30 bass. Couldn't mark many today whereas on Saturday I marked lots of fish. All on soft plastics. Today's video link Mike can catch em without crawlers video