Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
crazyice

Muskie ?

3 posts in this topic

Just wondering if anyone has had any luck lately in the evenings and night time with the toothy critters?

We did pretty well last Friday evening/1st couple hours of darkness. Fishing rocks of course, Ben landed his 1st Mille Lacs muskie at 49 X FAT. She was very healthy. About an hour later, he set the hook on another cow. The 2nd fish measured 50.5 X 26. An absolute slob.Both fish ate an 11" Curly Sue, white with an orange tail.Working the bait "slow and low", occassionally making contact with the rocks.The boat position varied, but was typically in 6-13'. Both fish were hooked in the corner of the mouth which made the releases much easier. Light winds, a few snowflakes and nobody else around.I like that kind of fishin' in November. Steve

was out on the north rocks yesterday, moved two fish right at sunset(4:40) in 10 fow using a bulldog. my plan was to fish into the night because it was calm and warm, but my trolling motor bats died, that time of year I guess.