• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

new fogging technique?

Never Enough Time to Fish

Question

I'll try a new post to see if I get any responses. Has anyone ever heard of fogging an outboard motor by running gas mixed with the fogging agent through the motor for 10 to 15 minutes? What type of fogging agent is used to do this? Does this do as good of a job as the traditional way of fogging the motor? Thanks.

Never Enough.....

7 answers to this question

All I have ever seen or heard of come as an aerosol that you spray in the intake with the engine running. Then finish by pulling the spark plug and spraying in the plug hole. All I have seen have instructions on the can, just follow them.

I'm betting what you were hearing about was running a fuel stabilizer in there to help the fuel from breaking down. This is good to do, but its not the same as fogging the motor.

I run Seafoam in the last tank for the year and that's a good fuel preservative/engine cleaner but it doesn't fog the cylinders. It does remove moisture from the motor though so I could see where some guys might think that's good enough...???

I never fog lawn mower or snow blower or weed whacker or chainsaw. But I do fog outboards. Interesting question.

I have never had any problem with yard stuff that I could attribute to not fogging.

Actually, I have heard of some places doing this - but what they do once they're sure they've gotten the mixture run through is to choke the engine out, which more or less gets it on the internals of the engine.

It used to be more common place on efi engines.

marine_man