• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dahitman44

• fisherdog19

• DEADhead

• Code-Man

Hitman, I would be up for Sunday if the weather holds. It sounds like it may be alittel windy. I ran into another FM'r last night at the ice fishing seminar in Fargo, he expressed interest in heading out also.

Paul,

Too bad we couldn't have introduced ourselves at the FM Walleyes mtg. Gord sure did put on a great seminar I thought.

Hey Paul, ivegottabite was sitting next to me at the seminar. We fished the Red River this summer. If the weather doesn't get really bad maybe we all should meet somewhere. Just a thought since everyone wants to go out. I really don't wanna go if the weather gets bad though.

we had 5" of solid clear ice. Set up and drilled a bunch of holes and hopped around...found some fish in one hole...5 crappies later in 4 minutes I was having fun. Ended up having 15 crappies and about 10-12 sunnies threw a bunch small ones back. Lake started flooding at the end of the time got to be a big mess. Was all tuckered out after hauling the stuff across the lake threw my shovel into the truck and shattered my rear window. So guess I get to try and find a replacement for that on Monday.

That sucks hearing about your window. That isn't going to be cheap to fix. I glad you caught some fish though. Was the flood from all the snow we got today?

all the holes had the flooding around it...our house was sorta flooded...but if anyone can suggest a place in DL without getting suspended or in trouble that would be great. I have a full size ford so its a big chunk of glass...who knows.

Lake I tried today had a good solid 6" of ice. Nice and clear. Was a pain hauling all of the stuff in a sled with the ice ultra slick from the wind wipping snow across the surface. We had a little water up the holes too. 1-2 foot drifts on the lake when I got off at 3:45. We caught a nice mix of bass, bluegills, a few crappie and a bonus walleye. Not another person around all day. To bad the weather chased me back home. Didn't feel like digging the car out of a ditch, I had enough exercise today pulling the sled over snow drifts.

I made it out for a few hours today as well. Ended up getting a call from a buddy last night and we decided to try for some pannies today. We were the only ones on the lake for the first hour or so, but had about 6-8 other houses by the time we left. Sure wish we wouldn't have got this snow, it sure was alot nicer pulling the house out than pulling it in. Guess I just need to get in shape? tongue.gif

We ended up getting around a dozen keeper crappies and a few keeper gills. Must have caught & released a good 70+ between us as well.

Fun way to start the season. Lake had 6" of good solid ice.

Hole2.jpg

Anicesight.jpg

I just got off the lake, and there is water under the snow everywhere, not gonna make for driveable ice any time soon. Fished deadshot bay this morning, 2 walters and a few crappies, then to HOL for the day and it was a bust. We tried 6 spots and didn't see anything on the camera. Measured 9 solid inches so we took the wheeler out. Back to Deadshot bay for the evening walley bite but got there to late so fish til 8 for crappies and caught about 30 with only 6-8 being over 10 inches. Tomorrow brings another day, but lake selection will be limited with the snow on top of the few inches most lakes have. Deadshot again at Dawn and then who knows.

Code-Man, shoot me an email about getting together tomorrow if you're interested.

I'll give them a call tomorrow morning...only good thing about the window breaking is my manager was right next to me when it happened so he knows my excuse for not coming in bright and early on monday. Who's all been on Dead Shot? Trying to show my manager some fishing spots before I move to Hawley here in a month. He's from Hutchinson originally and don't know the lakes up here. Just trying to show him a few spots he can walk out to before I leave. Are all the lakes flooding or just when you drill holes?

Code, if you park along the road near the long bridge on deadshot, walk on the north side of the bay, west. you'll see other anglers out there, or where they were, If you fish along the shore break, you should get on some fish, you just have to hit the right window for eyes, then it's over till the next sunrise or sunset.

Ray

did you get out yesterday? I almost called you to go but I had something come up. Give me a call later and we can discuss this coming up weekend, if your heading out or not

Fisherdog how was the fishing? My manager went back to the lake that we went to and he ended up getting about a half dozen slabs and sunnies. was only out there for a little bit. Said he graphed a bunch but didn't bite. Very touchy fish didn't know if it was the weather or not but I think it was operator. Drop me a line some time fisherdog if you still got my email and maybe we can meet up between christmas and New Year if your interested.

Code, don't have your email address anymore, shoot me an email and we'll see if we can get together.