• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

just wondering how long till were all going to be walking on water?? cant wait to get out there. Girlfriend is excited too.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dahitman44

• fisherdog19

• DEADhead

• Code-Man

The ponds are slowing freezing, but it will be a couple of weeks before you can "think" about walking on a small pond.

Might have to winterize the boat earlier than I thought I would. I sure hope so !!!!!!!

Sounds like it will be cooling end of the week. Just in time fore the smokepole hunt!! The fishing gear is at the ready.My prediction is for the beginning of Dec. Spearing opens the 1st. Can't wait.

Biff --

I hope you are right -- I think Muzzle loaders should have a good season. I am one of those. It would be nice to hit the ice right after the muzzle season.

I hope to get the boat out on Monday and Tuesday for the last times of the year. I plan to be fishin the small ice lakes the next weekend and I live in the Metro. You all should be on smaller lakes by then for sure but we shall see.

Hitman--i havent been up in the area all week, how have the temps been up there?? went home for thanksgiving and have been in southern mn all week.. Are we gonna be walking on the water next weekend??

Little Detroit has been completely iced over for two days now. I should be able to get out some time this week if the weather holds up.

Did you happen to see how deadshot looked? I would imagine if Little Detroit is froze over deadshot is also. There were some people out fishing one of the early spots I frequent yesterday. I don't know how thick the ice was there but I can't imagine it was very thick. If the weathermen are correct with their forcast there should be some fishable ice next weekend on some of the smaller lakes.

The forecast looks good for ice as of Mon. morn. All week looks like 0 to single digits. Let's see, get up at five and put on all of the clothes I own or go sit in a nice warm portable spear shack. Tough call if you havn't got that deer yet! Deer hunting was good this year and hopefully the fishing is safe and just as good. good luck too all and be safe on the early ice. Krebsy cool.gif

Yeah what a weekend, the ice is forming all over. some of the smaller lakes around here have been locked up since wednesday night. My brother went out on a small lake out in the sticks and he reported that there was 3-4" of ice. This is a small lake and he weighs 160 pounds and a little crazier than me, but he caught 2 eyes and 5 northerns, one of the northerns was 31". Not a bad start to the season. I know for a fact I'll be hitting it this weekend and hopefully this week. Tis the season to here the hum of the vexilar. YESSSSSSSSSS

I can't wait either.

I was up in Perham chasing deer and a lot of the smaller lakes there have been frozen for a few days as well.

Half of acorn is frozen too.

Can't wait till this weekend, with the cold temps,a person should be safe to get out there.

Open water up to 100 yards west of Longbridge on Dead Shot, but there should be fishable ice there by Thursday. I can almost guarantee someone will be out fishing on Little Detroit before the end of the day Thursday. I'll make a post when I get out on Thursday, but I'm not sure where I'll be going.

peter, let me know how much ice is out there when you go. I took the week off, so if the ice is 5"+ for my fatbutt I'll venture out.

Will do JP, it's looking like Thursday but we'll see. I also will be able to get out over the weekend some. I will call you.

I am thinking about getting my big house out on a small lake this weekend and skip the cold muzzle deer chase. Tough call. If not maybe a little portable action with muzzle in the morning?

Yeah, during this season my kids think their dad is the Schwans man. blush.gif

Put your big house out on a lake??? Are you nuts??? There isn't that much ice yet....I think you may be jumping the gun a little there hitman.

Maybe just a little ...

I just can't wait, but I guess I will have to.

Want me to check out "your" lake at lunch?

It was still open on Sunday.

Did you make it out there at lunch time?? I was thinking I should try a different lake this year, thought maybe I'd follow you to Cormorant, but all you catch there is 10" walleyes too. I just don't know what to do. I think that the price of gas is going to keep me at the lake I always go to....it's the closest.

Just checked a couple of local lakes -- Silver and Lee are both covered in ice. Lee looks like it just covered last night.

I am sure swede grove has a couple of inches.

Quote:

I am sure swede grove has a couple of inches.

Hit~ Have you swung by Swede? I was thinking of heading there tomorrow for a few hours in the afternoon. Just don't want to venture out alone this early in the year crazy.gif

Anyone who wants to join me, let me know. I would probably fish from around 4ish to 6-6:30ish. I'll check this before work in the AM

Big D iced over last night, so I'm sure most of the lakes nearby are iced over. Thursday for sure will have some fishable ice somewhere; just make sure you don't hurry yourself on thin ice. One more day won't kill you, but one day early may blush.gif