• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

The Deb Radosevich Burntside Bash

I'm sure the bash will rock as always, its cool to see it associated with a good cause- hopefully everyone can make a difference.

Looks like there'll be a good crew again this year, any guesses on who gets the early exit from the cwazy wabbit grin.gif

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Steve Foss

• Northlander

• Tom Linderholm

• Jim Almquist

Pretty Awesome Prizes being donated. Wow, this is going to be cool. Only 8 weeks away.

Outdoor Ran, if you don't go you can just give me $10 & I;ll enter you in some drawings of your choice...

Well people you are doing a great job smirk.gif. Deb is proud to here this is about her and are love goes out to you all smile.gif. We hope to take Deb with us this year?????? we will keep praying she can go if it was up to her she would fish and win smirk.gif. This is what she keeps saying so I think we all win for DEB and she make a speedy recovery and thank you all for your support in a time of need smirk.gif. Thank you all for your support smile.gif.

Tom it is good to her that Deb is in such good spirits and we really hope that she can make it to the Bash.We will continue to keep her in our prayers and wish her a speedy recovery laugh.gif

Stcatfish, Surface Tension, Chunkytrout,

I had planned on bringing my weber again and making some BBQ'd pork loin sandwiches for people like I did last year. However I thought I read somewhere that Cheffrey was bringing some food with the proceeds going to Deb. cool.gif I’d be willing to donate the pork loins and some buns etc… and my time cooking them or if the food part is covered I can still give my time to help out and make a donation instead. Whatever works or whatever needs to be done just let me know. smile.gif

Chaff

Chaff, thanks for offering and being flexible.

Cheffrey is bringing grill and food so we can charge by the plate with the proceeds going to Deb. While I don't want to discourage people from bringing their own food if they'd rather do that, I also hope we can avoid someone else grilling and giving away food to numbers of people.

I bet Cheffrey would like to hear about your willingness to donate that fine pork loin. You can e-mail Tom at [email protected] grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Lake Vermilion fishing guide and FM/HSO staffer Cliff Wagenbach, who many of you know, has stepped up and donated either a 1/2 day guided summer walleye fishing trip or a full day's winter ice fishing house rental, whichever the winner chooses.

Thanks, Cliff! grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Hello all,

Not quite sure whether or not I will be able to make it this year. I now work out of town quite a bit especially in the winter months starting Jan 1. So I wont be able to commit to anything right now except making the sign.

Joel, as always we hope to see you there. The bash is foremost a gathering of great people, and you're one of them. But, alas, if work keeps you away, we will waste no time taking the sign off your hands. And thanks! grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

chaffmj, thank you very much.

Joel, hope it works out and you can make it.

The signs you had made last year were great and a very nice touch. Thanks!

Got your email Chaff, thank you for your offer. It will be a great addition to what is planned already.

Grand Superior Lodge will be donating 2 tickets to our spring Wild Game and Brewer's Feast to be used in any way you guys see fit.

Thats fantastic guys and a big THANKS to Grand Superior Lodge and their continued support.

Hey isnt there a Brewers Dinner coming up at Larsmont?

Cheffrey, Deb and I thank you for all you are doing smile.gif. She said tonight is he the one that fishes are tournament smirk.gif. I said yes deb that is tom she said you say thank you to him from me Deb. For all that you are doing we all thank you and the sponsors thank you for your help smile.gif.

Tom & Deb, anything we can do to help! Shiner and I take pleasure in using our resources to help out.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Cheffery & Shiner, thanks you for the great donation.

Fellas,

I have never been to a B-Side bash, but I have been dreaming of it ever since I read about it last winter as my father and I planned our first ice-laker trip... Long story short, we caught ONE off Listening Point (nostalgic reasons) and the fever took it's hold. BTW, any places on tips to stay...

I haven't checked the posts for quite some time, but we have been wondering about the bash ever since we read about it and landed that ONE fish. And in regards to all the posts on this string, my heart goes out to Deb, her family, and all of you contributing to such a great cause.

I happen to know a sales rep. for Lindy and I will see see what he/we/lindy could possibly do for this event (we caught and lost that ONE fish several times on a Lindy spoon, shameless plug). I cannot guarantee anything, but I will let you know as soon as possible.

I have landed a few nice Lakers on the great Gitchigumi, from a sailboat in the Apostles nonetheless (long story longer), but fighting one through the ice on Burntside is something to which I really cannot compare. If you are reading this, you probably know the feeling...

Hats off to all of you and I hope to make mine and my father's first B-side Bash one to remember!

Andy

[email protected]

Andy, welcome to FM. Great to see you registered and posting here. grin.gif

I can see why Listening Point would be a sentimental choice. Lots of excellent laker water on Bside in other directions, however. We'll see you at the Bash, I expect.

Ahhhh, another ice laker obsession is born. grin.gifgrin.gif

If you're able to work any kind of tackle donation (doesn't have to be laker tackle, necessarily), just e-mail me rather than posting it here. My e-mail addy is always in my sig.

i have fished for some trout in the winter but never lakers. i am going to be going to school at vermillino community college next semester and would like to do this trout fishing thing. I got a cabin on White Iron that i am stayihn at for the hole semester

fishkid, when is the party?? just kidding, I have also laker fished thru ice without sucess. hopefully this year will be different. But it will be about helping a family most of all. see ya all there!!

Well unless there is a cancellation, I just got the last room at the Paddle Inn. I'm so excited about this one. The way this snow has been falling I hope I can get around on the lake.

fishkid, come to the Bash. Lots of folks there know the basics, and quite a few could teach a graduate course.

stroke, Great Outdoors said the ice skimmed over on Bside the very day before we got our big dump of snow and that everything looked gray and ugly. We're in the middle of a cold snap since then, with lows -25 for the next three nights (been such a cold December that all my Bside Bash money is going to the propane gods to keep the home warm -- hope THEY'RE happy!mad.gif)

I'll have a look at the ice next week and see how things shape up. Still a long time to go. At worst, we'll be leaving the pickups on land and running around on sleds. At best, this cold snap will stiffen it all up and we'll be totally GROOVIN! grin.gif

Joe,

Stop on the way up to the bash. I have a Laker Rod that you can use smile.gif

ANyone who has never been to the bash or fished for lakers owes it to themselves to try it. I went last year mainly to hang out and meet some guys that I've talked to for years on the website. I didn't know a thing about lakers.

Despite equipment problems, heat issues and changing weather I ended up bringing home 2 lakers on my first ever trip. The basics are pretty simple and of course there is way more than that to learn, but its quite easy for anyone to learn and enjoy.

Don't second guess it. You should definately come. I mean that to anyone who might be reading and wondering. If anything this years event is for a great cause. You will be helping out a great family, meeting some great folks and you might go home with some great prizes. I still have and use my beer-warmer (can cozy) that I won last year.