• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Vikings QB for 2008

bassNspear

i was watching sportscenter last night, and they were talking that Childress is going to fight to get Free Agent McNabb over to the viks for 2008. He was his QB when he was the Off Cord, but do you think he would become a viking.

They were also talking that if they cant get mcnabb, there going to fight to get anderson from the browns.

More than likely, Anderson will be resigned by the Browns on a 1 year contract, and after that, I think they will take a wait and see attitude towards him- if he keeps up the great play, they'll resign him to a big multi year deal, if not, then they will turn to Quinn. McNabb has one great game to every 5 bad games, and I think he would be a great veteran to teach a young QB- but Tarvaris isn't the answer, we need to draft a top recruit. Period

McNabb has also been rumored to be heading to Chicago since that's where he is from. I think the Vikes answer lies in Clevelands QB right now. It will be a hefty price to get him--more than likely a 1st and 3rd round pick. In my opinion it would be worth it. This is a quarterbacks league and either you have one or you don't. I don't think the Vikes should rely on the draft to go after their next QB. Even if they have the #1 overall pick it's still a crapshoot if the guy will make it. Hopefully, this will be priority #1 for the Vikes this off-season.

When the eagles came too town a week ago Donovan Mcnabb was saying how much he loves playing in domes. His stats in domes is pretty darn good.

I think we need to get a Qb first, before we start worrying about Wideouts. We have a few that can play. There is talent there, We dont have a QB out there that cant even throw a ball in the right direction. Its horrible how we look, and we need to find a way to get it fixed.

bass n spear is right all are Quarterbacks are horrible. Last week againts the packers the big b man threw a pass that was not even within 10 feet of any recievers. Honestly I am a die hard Viks fan and always will be but I have to say we have the third worst offense in the league behind the Ravens and the Niners. Yes I really do think we would get beat by the Dolphins, Raiders, and pretty much every college football team out there right know. It was sure nice to see what Peterson was capable of but that just will not work every time. We tried him in GB and now hes hurt, so much for all day Adrian. The viks have had a solid D for a decade now but by the time we get this offense fixed we probably will not have them or Adrian Peterson anymore.

Is anyone think about the Vikes picking up Larry Fitzgerald by chance???????? I have a feeling that QB and WR are the only two real spots that they lack in. So I think that are going to be looking really hard and both McNabb and Fitzgerald. Just look at how many times the games were almost blackout because of ticket sales. I think bring in 2 probowl players like that would boost sales in a heart beat!!

WCCO likes to pimp that rumor, since Fitz's dad is here and helps out with some of the prep football shows and since he grew up here, etc. It's not like Arizona is a big time winner. So if he wants to win he looks elsewhere or waits until Minny has a better passing offense.

But they might make him a financial offer he can't refuse.

I guess we'll find out if Zygmunt Wilf can spend his money. He did his first year on Hutchinson, but now he can see what Chilly needs and he seems to have Chilly's back on all football matters.

Very good point about the family aspact. But I also think they will really pursue him, well talent level, but he is still really young for that caliber of a player!! I think him and Rice would be a good duel threat at the wideout spot!! I just hope we get a good QB either through a trade of FA, possible the draft. I would rather see them get one through a trade or FA rather than the draft. But that is just my opinion!!

guess we will have to wait and see. MN needs a few wideouts, but like i have said, there wideouts now are good, we just dont have a qb, and we need to get one fast.

A failed broadcaster and sportswriter pimps the Larry Jr. rumor. It's about as likely as Sr. returning to KFAN.

The Vikes had a chance to have the Philly backup from last year but he's been better off putting Tampa in playoff contention. They missed that boat; there's no one out there worth taking a chance on.

Looked like you could compare Eli Manning with the Patriots. Both are going to be accused of running up the score. He may turn out to be a great quarterback but like Elway he'll never have my respect for the way he entered the league.

Eli sucks!!! Hes been a horrible QB from day one. What is it know his 4th seoson. he better get with the GD program soon. They lost to the Viks.