Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
walleyeking19

buying a bow

8 posts in this topic

i'm not really new to bow hunting, i've had a bow for a few years but I've never been hunting with it. i'm looking to buy a nice bow for deer hunting especially and spend about $300-$400. any help would be great. thanks

Do yourself a favor. Save up the $ and buy a Mathews. Best bow I ever shot.

matthews makes the Mission bow, it runs from $300 to $400 dollars, check it out. Also, if you aren't new to bowhunting, shoot some bows, and don't be afraid to check out ebay, you can often find a good lightly used bow for 1/2 the price of retail if it includes all the right equipment. Shoot many bows, you won't be disappointed if you spend a little more and get a bow that you know you'll love.

Walleyeking- If your not new to bow hunting and are familiar with your draw length and such... withyour budget, I would look used.

Many times guys buy the brand new bows as they come out every year and roll their 1 or 2 year old bows for about what you are looking to spend.

Agreed, check out several pro-shops for used bows. They can make sure the draw length and weight are perfect for you.

take a run to victoria to cabin fever, they have a good selection of bows/range/accessories and a ton of knowledge!

For the price of a mathews you can buy two or three good bows.. leave one in the truck.. one in the cabin ..one at home.. and you will always have a bow handy. Don't get cought up in a name, thers a lot of great shooting bows in the $300-400 range. Bear makes a nice bow for the money.

You can buy a heck of a good Mathews for the price range of $300.00-$400.00. Used bows or bows a couple years old and in great condition can be had at a fair price. Look around and you will find any top brand bow for a reasonable price.