Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
spear foot 1

walleye fishing

6 posts in this topic

Has anybody been out walleye fishing the last couple days? I was wonding if I should retire the boat for the year or give it a while yet, the weather seems nice so far. confused.gif

I personally haven't been out retired the boat for the year and opted to hunt hard! Between waterfowl,pheasant hunting, bow and gun hunting deer the seasons go way to fast!

I do know that I have some hardcore friends that have been doing well on Koronis and the chain for eyes. I would think you should be able to mustar up a bite on one of these lakes.

I was out today and the fish are still biting. The water was still 42-43 degrees so there is still some time for fishing.

Jamie

Good to hear! Sounds like my dad is out tonight or tomorrow night and those water temps should work out fine. I'm holding out hope that I can get the boat out for November full moon. The latest I trolled cranks was December fullmoon on Mille Lacs several years ago.

My son and I tried our luck on the Cold Spring Chain of Lakes last Sunday, during the afternoon time frame. Beautiful weather! Can't say we layed into them though. I tried trolling, lindy rigging and jigging with minnows. Not a walleye. Caught a beautiful cat though. Maybe it's a nighttime bite. If not, any suggestions?

I just heard they are picking some up on big birch but they will have to wait til ice now the boat got tucked away yesterday.