Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Quickstrike

Brule River Fall Steelhead Recap (pics included)

7 posts in this topic

Always nice to see the steelie pics. Nice job Kent.

Well, I'm envious! I had a real tough season. In four and a half days of fishing pretty hard, my biggest fish was a sixteen inch brown trout - a nice brown in the little creeks near my home, but not what I was looking for up north. Beautiful steelhead - congratulations!

I thought I'd add my own fall recap with the disclaimer that none of these fish were actually caught on flies with a fly line. They were mainly yarn flies, which I'm not sure qualify as "flies", and one came on hardware. Still a nice fall recap though.

~T

IMG_4187.jpg

IMG_4232.jpg

IMG_4209.jpg

IMG_4214.jpg

IMG_4227.jpg

IMG_4260.jpg

IMG_4272.jpg

IMG_4277.jpg

IMG_4290.jpg

Very nice picts and reports guys...

Heres one from "out east" in upstate NY...

Dad and I made about 5 trips up for salmon and steelies. First few trips were mostly salmon with the last few being phenominal for steel... Most fish were caught on egg patterns and a few on big stones...

Heres an up river morning shot. My fathers the 4th dude up.

dsc00615yb6.jpg

Heres my best fish this fall a fresh dime bright 13 pounder on the second drift of the morning...

dsc00585np9.jpg

This guy I gooked working a piece of fast water right in front of me. He came out of the water chin high after I hooked him...

dsc00590jt6.jpg

Nothin better on a flyrod...

dsc00594nk8.jpg

Dad with a freshie...

dsc00625om1.jpg

Deer season is almost over and we'll be back up for some more...

nice fish, looks like a zoo over there!

That river can be a zoo, especially during the salmon runs. With walking you can usually find some solitude. That day we joined the madness at the lower end of the river because a big pod of steel had come in, think I hooked 9 and landed 3 and my dad was 3-7. And they were scary fresh and gobbling up eggs...