Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Ufatz

Lowrance Provides Great Service!

Ufatz

I have seen some sharp criticism of Lowrance customer servie in this forum and want to quickly relate my experience. I dropped a unit, breaking screen and part of frame. Older unit (3 years) and out of warranty. Sent it back, as per instructions, with a check for $160. One WEEK later received a NEW unit and a note explaining that it was just as quick for me/them to simply give me a new one. Now, a negative, suspicious and paranoid guy would say "yeah, big deal. You just bought a new one at that price for repair." Nope. This one is worth three times or more what I paid for repairs. Friendly emails. Quick service' what the heck else can you ask for.

Lowrance and Minnkota are okay by me. smirk.gif

Deitz Dittrich

Thats good to hear... I like happy stories!

Northlander

Great to hear they took good care of you.

hanson

Thats really unreal! Awesome!

All I ever hear about Lowrance is how long you are on hold with customer service. Guess if I have a problem, I'll stick it out. grin.gif

BoxMN

Good to hear they may finally have started to listen to all of us who have had poor experiences. I still have several Lowrance units, so hopefully this is a trend and not only the one time they did something right wink.gif Can you tell I have been mad before? heh.

Glad you had good experience, and hope everyone will into the future.

mhjohns

I'm really glad to hear you had a good experiance. My experiance was awfull. I had a H2Oc sent in under warranty. They told me it would be a 3 week wait before they would have one in stock to ship back to me. I had a trip planned and told them I couldn't wait that long. They called back and said they found one they could send me. I paid for over night shipping just to find out they didn't put the righ barcode on it and sent me a non color unit. After over 5 hours on hold they sent me a Expition C to replace me unit since they still didn't have a H2Oc on hand. I have been pretty happy with the Expition, but one thing I noticed was that all three units picked up satellites differently. My first one wouldn't switch to WAAS. The second 2 I had right next to each other and one picked up 3 more satellites consitantly. I really don't know what to think about the whole situation which took over a month to resolve. Total there was over 5 hours on hold. I talked to over 6 customer service represatives and sent over 10 emails. What I thought was the worst was there were over 50 new units at local stores on the shelves and Lowrance wouldn't let me just exchange.

BobT

Last winter I slipped on the ice and fell onto my Garmin Rino120. Cracked the screen and damaged the mother board. Sent it in with a check for $85 and it was replaced with a new one. They also managed to extract my point, track, and route data and install it on my new one. They also reissued a new code to access my protected mapping software. Good service can still be found sometimes.

Bob

edit: Incidentally, to replace it myself by buying a new one off the shelf would cost me about $250.

mhjohns

You know I was really disappointed when I went through this whole warranty thing with Lowrance, but I certainly can't complain about the product when it is working correctly. After a few weeks of not having a unit to use I was shopping for another manufacturer, but I just couldnt find anything that compared.

ozzie

I had a cracked screen contacted Lowrance wasn't on hold that long.......gave them my cc info I believe and had the new unit in 5 days!!! they even let me keep the old unit so I always have a backup.......can't complain here

Ufatz

Hey BobT....I sure agree with you about Garmin customer service. Had a problem with my GPS, and older (but top-of-the-line model) and when I contacted them they sent me a note saying, "try this.Send us your unit and $85. You won't be sorry." So I did. Got back a totally upgraded unit, upgraded to the point that is even had a new serial number!! Wow. I am sorry so many folks have had troubles with Lowrance. wink.gif

PerchJerker

I've had several Lowrance products and have only had a few issues or questions for their customer service. Their customer service, both phone calls and emails, is unbelievably slow. But ......

Once you actually get someone to talk to they're usually very helpful, and every time I've had to send in something I've had really quick turn-around. I've mostly got good things to say about them and their service, and I like their products.

iffwalleyes

I know they were recently sold and have been undergoing a transition period. I was complaining to the fishing manager at Scheels on day he said if you think that it is slow you should call there dealer line. He said it is quicker to call the regular service line. But he did say they had been telling him that with the transition it should be much better. I hope to this is true. My being on hold for over an hour this summer did not help my opinion. I still think they have the best products but putting someone on hold for an hour is crazy.

dustin85

I recenty e-mailed them, and had a very fast response. I am awaiting my warranty part in the mail.

Bob Horn

Every time I sent (under warranty) my Expedition in they gave me a new one. Sent it in 3 times. They said it's faster to send out new ones than fix the mine and then send it out. I think than I am getting a reconditioned unit. I won't ever buy a Lowrance product again!!! The gps was never fixed. I still have the same problem. I talked to some people at Lowarance and it's a known problem but the aren't suppose to talk about it. I think the woman slippped when she told me.

Eastwind

I've owned five different Lowrance units over the past twenty years or so. Anytime I've need service or had technical questions, they have always gone the extra distance to be helpful. I'm glad thst I've never been on hold for an hour during their transition period, as this would only taint the great impression I've had of Lowrance so far.