• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

New cell tower improved coverage?

I was up last weekend hunting near Minnewawa and saw no improvement in cell coverage. Has anyone seen an improved signal? I'm with qwest.

I was wondering the same thing. I have Sprint and still seem to have too many dropped calls for having a cell tower a half mile away. Maybe not all carriers have signed up.

I have T-Mobile, but around East Lake I was on searching for a long time. When my signal came up, it was Cell-one which has an agreement with T-Mobile. I can't remember this happening on other trips.

I have sprint and the only time I can use it is up in the tree stand. We are about 10 miles north of McGregor.

I agree with Tipp, I dont think it's 'on' yet. I was up and no improved coverage yet. CrappieKeith might be able to chime in with more info though

My brothers Nextel ZIP! My other brother has AT&T, and will only work on the deck or the dock, yet my dad has the same and his works fine inside. I think it also depends on the actual phone itself. Funny thing is, my dad has the cheapie...my brother the fancy phone.

I have Sprint (basic phone) and it works good inside the cabin, although I usually only get 2 or 3 bars on the signal monitor.

We are located 8 miles north of McGregor (very near the tower) and nothing has changed for any of our phones since before the tower was put up.

The tower has the annteas from AT&T and Version installed.

Appearantly there is a middle man phone company that needed to get it's modual wired in and it'll be up and running.

It should happen this week sometime.....or at least that's the word.

I have always had coverage up there (BSL) with Verizon. Even have internet access with my phone. The only dead spot I have found is driving up there, right in between Hinkley and hwy 65 I blank out for about 5 miles.

5 bars is better then 4 bars, so I wont complain smile.gif

I think it just went live! I just looked at my phone, and I have 2, sometimes 3 bars, where I usually had zero, one bar if I stood on my tiptoes and faced west and held my head a certain way. smile.gif

Any others have luck with the new cell service. I will be going up today to the cabin which is in Davis Bay and I have never been able to get reception, so hopefully I will be surprised when I get there.

In Davis My Verizon which works just a bout everywhere in the state is rule sporadic on the other hand US-West or whoever they are now works perfect.... one of the few places my Verizon is out performed.... I'm thinking the New tower is going to help immensely.

It's helpful if you guys state which provider your with when posting results.

We were on the south end of Fishermans bay of BSL wed. night and Thursday . I have verizon and had 2 to 3 bars . It used to be 0 to 1 bars. Never had service that good there before . My father-in law ran and got his phone and exclaimed that the tower must've finally got turned on.