• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Well, that is all for me folks!

Saw a few deer on the way to the stand on Saturday AM. It was way too dark, so I just kept a walking. Didn't see anything the rest of the day. It sure was windy and miserable sitting yesterday. Snow blowing down my neck and I just got cold! Today I headed out and sat in the "camper of doom". Made a pot of coffee, spread out a little bit, and took a nice nap basking next to the furnace! grin.gif Well, a guy has to relax every now and then, right? Needless to say, didn't really see much today except kicking one deer up on the way out to get my portable stand out of the woods. All in all, a good season for me-The deer were safe for this year grin.gif. I know there is one more weekend left, but 2 weekends of deer hunting has always been enough for me. Got to get the ice fishing gear ready now! How did everybody else do this weekend?

Justin

I didn't even go out this weekend. Got my buck last Thursday, and when I was running errands Friday the town was so full of orange jackets I figured the woods would be as full of hunters as deer, especially with the rut not ramped up yet on opener weekend.

I'll probably hunt a couple days this week to try to fill my antlerless tag. Now that I'm working on my own schedule, I'd much rather avoid all that company in the weekend woods.

Heading back up north on wednesday for four days of hunting in paradise. Looking to harvest a decent buck, but I wouldn't complain about another doe either. Good luck in this last week boys!!!

Justin, there's still part IV, V, VI... grin.gif Too bad you didn't fill a tag but it sounds like you enjoyed the season anyway. We'll have some vennie in January.

Steve, congrats! smile.gif Its always good to get one tagged when you crave that meat. I know a little doe spot.... Well, you know the rest. Good luck, it sounds like several people have places for you to go.

We have my doe and a buck that a friend gave me from archery season. Usually two is enough for our house but we've been getting more creative with preparing it. The buck is almost crumbs already. Looking for #2 myself still.

Hey Wanderer,

I heard you say you hunt near Emily huh? Not too far from my neck of the woods. Didn't happen to stumble in to The Bungelow did ya? Wrecked my pickup one year driving there from hunting the Old Grade! Must have been a sign.

pickle

Pickle,

Ha, hope nobody got hurt!

A couple of guys from the party hunt the old grade. I might even find myself there with whats left of the group this weekend.

Our friends live up 136(?) by Eagle Lake. This is the first year I've hunted with them in MN, so I don't know that area too well. I'm sure they know the Bungelow though!

I grew up hunting and fishing the Pine River area so I'm more familiar with west of the Whitefish. Not the thickest deer herd but I do love those woods and lakes. Well, almost any woods and lakes I guess. smirk.gif

Ah, I see Nisswa. I ran too low on oil on 371 one night. The Sherrif picked me up and took me to the bar. Thats where we found the owner of the auto parts store. We all went over to the store to ring up a few quarts, then he took me back to my car. I was maybe 17 at the time.

Nisswa. Good times. grin.gif

How's your season been?

This is the first year I haven't deer hunted since I was a kid. I've been busy with some projects at the place in Ely. If you are ever in the Nisswa area give me a hollar,,, maybe we can drag some minnows for walleyes,,, been a great year out there on Gull! smile.gif

Gull is a neat lake. I fished a State tourney there once, when I did that sort of thing.

I've been doing all my summer fishing in Ely lately. Can't get enough of that area. I'd have to say you are lucky being able to live in the Nisswa area and have a place in Ely too!

Your email address? Mine is [email protected].

Bearclaw: "Didn't put nuff dirt down. Saw it right off." grin.gif

Email sent. Yeah Gull is dandy. The fall bite the last few years is crazy. Just went out with a buddy for the last time this year on Sunday. Keep in touch!