Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RiverRunner

Migration Report

17 posts in this topic

11/10

Season starting to get a little bit better. Hunting Near Staples. Saturday morning two of us managed two ring necks, lots of ringers and some mallards seen just were not in the right spot. Drove around and found a lake with a good concentraion of Divers. Kicked them off the lake and they started coming back in small groups managed to get 1 Stud drake redhead and 5 ringers.

11/11

Morning managed to get five drake ringnecks many divers seen, not many mallards or geese in the area.

The ducks are definatley starting to fly, It should get better in the next week or so, hopefully their is more mallards around next weekend.

Good Luck.

Hunted north of Stillwater this weekend with my brother and one of his friends.

11/10 Lots of mallards, had a few larger flocks fly through. I shot 3, my brother 1. I should have had more in the early light but was chasing the dog too much... Weather was excellent, thick overcast and some sleet kept the birds moving late into the morning.

11/11, less ducks flying, it wasn't nearly as productive as Saturday. Few birds came to the decoys, managed to take 2 mallards.

i seen a good numbers of geese and a few groups of hundred mallards buzzing around the corn stubble tonight south of f.f.

Is f.f. Fleet Farm? If it is, I live in the neighborhood just north of those fields. It is amazing to me every year how quickly the ducks and geese find that field after the farmer cuts the corn. I love seeing and hearing all those birds flying over the house every AM & PM. I wish you were able to hunt that field but it is in Oakdale and they do not allow hunting.

You know there is more than one Fleet Farm in MN....how would you know when one he is talking about? Just curious.. tongue.gif

He's not talking about fleet farm!

Quote:

You know there is more than one Fleet Farm in MN....how would you know when one he is talking about? Just curious..
tongue.gif

He's not talking about fleet farm!

grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Fleet Farm does not hold the ducks like the hotel ponds in St. Paul!

I think he meant Otterville, not FF.

I hunted all around Herman this weekend, some west almost to Wheaton, east to Hoffman and south almost to Morris. There were some flocks of northern mallards and EPP Canadians, but nothing compared to what it's normally like. Maybe with this cold front coming up...

Was deer hunting last weekend in FF area (this case FF means Fergus Falls) and there was a ton of geese, lots of mallards, and plenty of buffies and golden eyes. We duck hunted Sunday morn, and got some redheads, buffies, ringbill and even a couple hooded sawbills. The lakes started opening back up, but when they were closed on Friday and Sat, holy cow did they flock in the openings in the water!

I feel a bit dumb thinking F.F. was Fleet Farm and not Fergus Falls.

there is about 1000 mallards in the fields around 169 and 610, i almost hit the car in front of me this morning watching them fly

Hunted southern MN this weekend saturday through monday. 4 guys, 41 ducks 2 geese. Shot 9 Mallards, 2 pintails, a gadwall and the rest were GWT. Fantastic hunting everyday. Monday was prob the worst ducks flew till about 11:30 all over then nothing the rest of the day. Some of the teal moved out saturday night. All but 4 of the gwt were drakes.

Quote:

Hunted southern MN this weekend saturday through monday. 4 guys, 41 ducks 2 geese. Shot 9 Mallards, 2 pintails, a gadwall and the rest were GWT. Fantastic hunting everyday. Monday was prob the worst ducks flew till about 11:30 all over then nothing the rest of the day. Some of the teal moved out saturday night. All but 4 of the gwt were drakes.

sounds like a great weekend! hoping for some good hunting this weekend. Not much time left guys

where abouts in so MN I dont want exact loc,just wonderin cuz I'm from so MN I aint seen much besides new geese

Their moving in, with this wind, I have seen a huge influx of birds.

Ya the birds are a coming ,this weekend and thanksgiving week should be the hot times, rain and snow and snow coming in for next week on and off ,it will be great , grin.gif

Hunted solo in the cities here tonight. Shot two mallards, and two geese. Had about fifty mallards come in at one time. They love the robo duck in the field.