Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Commanche Jim

Tom's Harbor?

15 posts in this topic

I've read and heard some things about Tom's Harbor that aren't very good. What is going on with that place? I saw they were holding a auction for some of the places...........is that true?

Hey Jim,

I honestly don't know what the deal is with Tom's. I think the auction was back in early September, and you had to have a $1,000 money order or something like that just to get in. I also heard something to the effect of $160,000 for a lot that's 100 feet by 40 feet. Everytime I went by there on the lake, it seemed like there was some sort of work being done on the cabins there. I'm sure soon enough all the rich playboys from the cities will show up with their jet-skis, "runabouts", and "pleasure boats"......yuck. We have enough of that already.

Quote:

I'm sure soon enough all the rich playboys from the cities will show up with their jet-skis, "runabouts", and "pleasure boats"......yuck. We have enough of that already.

Yep. Us "city folks" are wrecking your lakes.

When will this stereotype end. frown.gif

Hanson,

#1. Please point out in my post where I said that Cass was "my lake".

#2. Where in my post did I group togather the recreationalists and fishermen?

I'm not trying to be a jerk. Just please answer those questions. The "rich playboys" I am talking about are the people who come up every weekend and have absolutely no respect whatsoever for the lake or other users of the lake, no matter what region they are from. These are the people who will spend all afternoon out at Star Island getting completely drunk and tearing around the lake mindlessly. And that whole bit about the "stereotype", well, sadly it is true. A vast majority of the people who vacation here during the summer are from the cities. Some of them are very decent people, others not so much. It's the "other" group that annoys me. But this is just coming from a stereotyping, stuck-up local.......

MuskyTail,

I agree with you to a point o the city folk, BUT I also see a lot of people on the water that have boat licenses from out of state. These people rent, time share, or buy for what ever reason these places that are WAY to highly priced... But, we need these people here to help our communities survive. I know you never mentioned anything about that, but I'm just adding my two cents worth... I'm originally from Apple Valley and have been up in god's country for 14 years now... Yes I also agree with Hanson-- This is a major stereotype and I don't know when it will end... North Dakotan, Minnesotan, Cheesehead, and Farmers or Wine Makers from Iowa we all use these waters and we all have a different theory to what we call rest and relaxation... Hopefully people use common sense and enjoy the resource we have here...

On a side note:

The only accident or situation that I heard/saw this year on Cass was when one boat at half throttle took out another boat.. Everyone survived and one lady had a messed up shoulder/arm... Point is not bad compared to all the boats that were out there this year crazy.gifcrazy.gif

Beef

Quote:

MuskyTail,

... North Dakotan, Minnesotan, Cheesehead, and Farmers or Wine Makers from Iowa ...

Beef

Don't discriminate against us FIBs!

FIB's

Fighting Illini Backers??? grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

At least someone in the Big Ten can knock off Ohio State...

Thanks Gene,

Beef

Close Beef, but I am a Fighting IllinoisState Backer.

I am not a very big college football fan, but I was surprised that Ill knocked OSU off.

I am, however, a bigger Green Bay fan so take that..you Vike fans you.

OUCH!!!!

Wait till we get a new quarterback, a new coach, a new stadium, a new reciever, maybe a new cornerback... Then we will own the packers... grin.gifgrin.gif

Oh yeah we do have one heck of a punter...

Beef

may need to add running back to that too! A.P. has a torn Ligament...

By the way... Thank God the Zigi loved Childress! The Packers were up to interview him next! Whew!.... That was close! grin.gif

Go Pack Go!!!!

Good Luck!

Ken

God.............I don't even want to get in to vikings stuff.

Easy on us here Iowa Wino's. I treat every inch of the land up there as if it were my own.

To elaborate a little bit more on what beef touched on, (the boat collision) ironically enough, I took the son-in-law of the guy who got hit out fishing that morning. We saw the guy drive past us about half an hour before the accident. And just when you thought there couldn't be any more irony, the topic we were talking about when he drove by was boating traffic/accidents. Twilight zone stuff, huh?

Oh and LABS....before you go on and on and on and on about the wonderful, blessed, all dominating Packers.....the deer hunting is depressing. I do, however, have 3 pounds of 50/50 beef-venison if we could make something outta that...

PBC...

Good to see your alive.. Clark and I went out Duck Hunting Friday Morning on Cass and hammered them feathered friends.... Actually we shot I think 4 and they were all MERGANSERS!!!!! God I love them mergansers crazy.gifcrazy.gifcrazy.gif

Beef

Lots of those Megansers on Cass. But if you can hold off the real ducks eventually show up. laugh.gif

Any of the real divers showing up Beef?

There are Bluebills showing up but I think this year we will see most of them head to the west a little.. The report coming from the NW angle on LOW is there is between 20 thousand to 40 thousand and that they are or will be heading towards Warrod instead of Baudette... I will be back out again this week looking but I know one lake last weekend had a bunch of Bills(500-2,000) on it... With this warm weather, I'm guessing we will be duck hunting up here until the last day(I think the 27th).....

Beef