Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Muddog

Rivers.

4 posts in this topic

I'll be heading out to fish some rivers in the area this weekend. Any one else going to give them a try? With the new moon they should be on the bite and with turnover happining, I think the rivers would be a good bet.

I'll be looking for the up stream end of pools.

T,O. have you hit the rivers?

hit a couple nice eyes on the blue earth this afternoon. the fish were relating to slack water right next to heavy current. Got them 18-22inches on wally divers.

I just got back from the Blue Earth River. The fishing wasn't fast but we did manage two Walleyes, a Catfish and a 10" Mudpuppy.

The Walleyes were in 3fow or less right up tight to shore on an outside turn of the river. Just where the current deflected from the bank and made an eddy.

A Yellow/Orange 1/4oz jig head and a Fathead is what was working for us but the bite was slow, so another color may work better.

Not yet but I hope to soon if I don't fish Mille Lacs or any lakes down here within the coming days and into the weekend.