Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Daze Off

Rum is Finished for Year

10 posts in this topic

Quick note - passed the Rum this AM and it has most definately been lowered. Hard to imagine how all those fish survive the winter with such low levels.

Last fish of the season was 17.5" smallie on 3" tube. Not a bad way to end....

Daze Off

That sucks that it's been lowered. I'm sure some peeps will launch though. It's pure mud below the ramp, but someone will.

Nice way to end, but you still have Anoka and da sippi

I went by today after they pulled the plug, a couple guys were still in the middle of the dam working, it was about a foot below the dam crest without the boards, get your cameras and take pics quick. The Miss went down in front of my house today another 6 inches, I can get my lift out now, smirk.gif fishing from here upriver is jet territory from here on to Spring. tongue.gif

EB -

I spent this past Saturday on the ole Miss up in Brianerd and we had a really poor day on all fronts - weather stunk as it started raining, then sleeting, and occasionally snowing just as we got up there and it lasted most of the morning. Pretty stiff wind to boot. CCCCooolllldddd!

Fishing was also poor - no good bait available and nothing was interested in plastics at all. Did not have a single bite from a smallie and when we went into a backwater where the crappie bite had been hot we caught the following: pike (6 lbs, 8 lbs, 15 lbs, hammerhandle), dogfish (2 about 8-10 lbs each), and about 8 crappie only 3 of which were worth keeping. Water was high and fast. Was on the water from about 8:00 am until dark.

Should've stayed home and went Sunday.....LOL

I'm done for the year unless I get an invite from someone and the weather is decent. Putting the boat away and bringing the tackle inside.

Probably no more fishing until the Missouri trip in March/April. frown.giffrown.giffrown.gif

Daze Off

MS -

Was great to meet you the other day on the Rum!

Daze Off

Daze - I was out on Sat in that friggen cold. Brrr is right. It sleeted on me as well. I still managed to catch some fish - some were pretty good to. No live bait needed and not one single pike. grin.gif

EB -

Sure, rub salt in the wound....LOL

Where did you fish?

Daze

Da sippi of course. Just gotta know where wink.gif

I can't wait for this weekend. High of 43 so temps in the 30's all day! Woo Hoo, that means no one will be out. Heater is coming with tongue.gif

You 'da man!

What I'd like to do is take a jonboat and 5 hp and head up the Rum and collect all the crankbaits from the wood that people lost all year.... wink.gif

Daze Off

My buddy has a knack for finding hung up crankbaits in the trees. Plus it's amazing what people are tossing for their presentations.

Like the small floating rap with a 1/2 oz rubber core weight 4 inches from the lure. Yup that'll get em. Or the 1 oz fireball jig and tiny lil junk grub for a trailer. I've seen these and more this year alone. And that small floater rap is mine now. Good for the trout but not for a bass, and not 10 feet in a tree either. LOL