• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

This Weekend

Walli1

Looks like the weather is going to be great again this weekend who's planning on getting out? I will be on the river early as usual both saturday and sunday morning, looks like there won't be many of these warm weekends left but I'm far from putting the boat away!

Ill be getting out Sunday,hopefully for a full day this time.Walli1,this year dont let the boat put you away,STAY SAFE.....I can almost hear the water calling me grin.gifOh @$%# thats my wife frown.gif..See yas on the WA..

Quote:

I will be on the river early as usual

Walli, do you still head out around 5 am?! The last few times I made it out a bit before 7, the bite didn't seem to pick up until 10ish. Tomorrow I'm planning an abridged workday with an afternoon on the river, going to start around Afton. Also have plans to fish Saturday with a fellow FMer who socked his boat away.

Made it over to Vados earlier today for some expensive minnows, got a bit lost and wound up at ThorneBros ordering ice rods!confused.gif

LB

yeah.. ima be out all day Sat. prob. prescott area dunno yet but heard the fishin's good down there. we'll see. plus i picked up some new jigs and lures i wanna try out.

good luck.

I'll be out around 5am fishing below the Kinni my usual stumping grounds, plan on giving my limit creek rod a good workout!

Good luck to all. I had a rock pile finish my year, so catch a few for me. Winterized the boat and will have to find somewhere to get skeg and prop taken care of. Take care, be safe and ENJOY! Mike

Boat is full of gas, bait is pumped up and so am I, looking forward to a early start, this area will be where I'll start

100_2746.jpg

NICE!! SEE YOU ON THE WATER!

preperation is the key... im all geared up and rdy also. i can't wait, i have that feelin that its gonna be another great day. c u out there. Good luck grin.gif

Me and Fishin4aLivin made it out around 10am, motored a few yards, put down the trolling motor and proceeded to catch a whole slew of sauger. The bite was real solid, not the take half a minnow and maybe see ya later sort of thing. We caught and caught until 4pm. We only got 4 walleye, two nice ones, one ok, one dinker.

We had a real solid bite on a silver husky jerk on a 3 way. Minnow and hook on 3 way did very well too. Most were in 18-20ft, couple of the biggest ones came out of 24-27". We were mostly going .8-1.25mph. We had lots of doubles and a couple of triples to keep us active. I got my motor twice and broke a tip on my GLX to boot.

Have fun tomorrow!

LB

Made it out this morning and was the bite on or what, caught conservatively 30 sauger walleye mix and a bunch of stripers kept 4 nice ones 17-18 range lots of smaller ones, could hardly keep two lines going, tip of the hat to the fine gentlemen who kept me company, good conversation! and I plan on putting those minnows you donated to the habit to use in the morning along with two more scoops of fatties I picked up in newport, most of the eyes came jiggen, with three of the four biggest ones lindy riggen, see you on the water bright and early!

Nice fish Blueroof. Thanks for the reports Walli1 and blueroof. Hopefully they are still biting tomorow when I get out.

The river is truly unbelievable in the amout of sauger walleye mix that is bitting right now, nice to have to leave the river because one is out of bait, fish were found 12- 22 fow nicer fish coming off of big minnows namely large suckers (didn't have time to get redtails) fatties on gold jigs produced like magic, can't wait for next weekend!

I got the chance to make it out with my wife's cousins for a couple of hours after the Vikings game. Got 5 average sauger with a size 12 chrome blue husky jerk. Live bait bite was a bit slower, picked up two. The size 8 silver that was magic yesterday was skunked. The weekend weather this fall has been amazing, hopefully we get a couple more before the new year. Thanks for all your tips everyone!

Hey rosspj59 it was nice running into you, glad to see you had some luck. Shortly after you left, we realized our mooring line was dangling and had become caught in our prop pretty tight, we ended out hobbling back with the trolling motor. Fun stuff. Atleast it was my mooring line this time. frown.gif

LB

Talk about total opposite weather days this weekend. Different weather but same good bite! Saturday nailed them on shad colored crankbaits again trolling 18-20ft, was a little deeper than the past weeks. Got a limit of 15-18"ers pretty equal mix of eyes/saugers.

Saturday mixed bag...

DSC01714.jpg

Sunday made it out for a couple of hours. First time in a while back down south of the Kinni. Trolled crankbaits again. Didn't produce as well, but 3" Gulp! minnows did. The fish were more concentrated so slowing it down with something that would stay in the zone longer proved more effective than covering a larger area trolling. Most fish were out of 15-18ft. Water was five degrees warmer where I was today compared to further north yesterday.

Couldn't ask for a nicer day in November...

DSC01715.jpg

Not sure why I was still bundled up...

DSC01717.jpg

Walli1 havent seen you out there for a while, last time was last fall before you went in the drink. Was out today and looked for ya but you were no were to be found. Maybe you got some secret hiding spot, if you do good for you.

Me and my uncle mostly trolled today with some good fish caught. It seemed like most the fish we were catching were suspended. We found a reel nice shore line and trolled about 1/2 mile of it and back and forth. Dark colors seemed to work the best, and we were movin fast 2-2.5mph. over 22-28FOW. didnt do much on a jig 1 wally 16 1/2. And How I told you befor when we meet on the water that I hadnt taken a big one out of the croix, I think I missed my chance today. Oh well just makes me want to get back out ther that much more, and as sone as possiable. Hopefully tues.

Buy the way I havent been fishing in that ugly yellow mirror craft. I've benn in a red lund s/c with walleyes on the side. if you see me throw up and hand.

God Bless

GOOD FISHIN!!! cool.gif

Good to meet you out there blueroof! I was dragging gold jigs/w fatheads and had good success. Vertical jigging just wasn't cutting it out there later in the day. In the am I had good success jigging till the sun was higher then I couldn't keep the white bass away. I did get a few smallies, countless white bass, one short walleye, one nice crappie, and over a dozen sauger up to 18"'s long. I did find that I could get a few sauger in the areas with white bass by pulling a 3 way with a rapala. For some reason the silvers only wanted meat. I went through a lot of minnows and missed a lot of shortbites, even had couple break my line. Must be time for some new line, or lighter hooksets. It sure was a pleasant day to be fishing yesterday. Too bad November isn't 60 days instead of 30.

Hey Walleyeguy2006 got a up grade on the boat, have seen you all year, you only fish the croix in the fall? where's the loyality? what have you been up to? I'll be on the river again this weekend, still fishing the same areas, you know that area we fished at last fall? stacked like pancakes again this fall that area every fall holds a unbelievable amount of fish!

Well I made it out yesterday and have to agree with others the bite is ON.I started rigging suckers but had no success with that,so switched up and started to troll.Found oodles of Sauger stacked up at the 21-24ft level,then went a little shallower and found active walleyes in 15-18ft.Saugs seem to prefer shad raps and the walleye were hitting stick baits.Trolling speeds ranged from 1.3 to 1.9.Water temps I found were 46 down by afton and 42 in the Bayport area.

Walli1 that must have been you in the blue lund. As far as fishing the croix in the fall, I hit it alot early spring this year in that ugly yellow thing, Didnt have much time this summer seeing that I bought a house the end of May in newport. This beeing my first home I was gunho on doing some Mr. fixit stuff. And I also have a side gig remodleling boats and repairs on boats and motors,so that kept me preety busy as well. planning to get out in the morning tues. and thur. But I'm glad to hear from you and that your doing better. Maybe some time we could get together befor ice on and spend a day in the boat together and shoot the breeze. I'll let you and everyone know how I come out tues. if I dont get blown off befor noon.

God Bless

GOOD FISHING cool.gif

Walleyeguy2006 is a no show on the river, I went out on the river today, battled the waves in front of bluffs park for a couple hours put alot of small ones in the boat but nothing of decent size, so i battled the waves back up to prescott and picked up two really nice saugers and 19 1/2 18 and tossed several smaller ones back, hit one more area and found some really nice fish 17" 18 1/4 20 1/4 and released a fat 22"

PICT0303.jpg

Sure had alot of fun!!! cool.gif

Your right did not make it out today was going to go out with my father but he chickened out with the wind. I my self am batteling a bad back and did not think it was a good idea to go out by my self. I just recently found out I have two herneated dics in my lower back. Making it not to easy to launch the boat. Thanks for making it feel even worse with your goog report and pics, just kidding. hope to get out soon provided I have someone to help me with the boat.

Sorry for the no show Today Walli1, I'll try no not let it happen again.

God Bless

GOOD FISHNG cool.gif

Sorry to hear about your back, maybe I'll have to take you out for a spin, can always use someone for a net boy! jk, I plan on going fishing again this weekend, today was just therapy, good therapy I really needed it. When times are tough and nothing seems to be going right, its time to step back and get in the boat and spend one on one time with the man upstairs, it does wonders for ones soul!

Walli1- thanks for the invite. I am good with a net, and I have been know to put a few fish in them from time to time to. Going to try to get out in the morning if the wind is out of the west. Also possiabley taking a long time friend out for his first time this year on sunday. He's not much of a stick, but it will be nice to have an old friend in the boat. It's not very often we get to get out together, but when we do its always a good time

If you get a day when your going solo and you need a net boy let me know, and I will do the same. Just dont forget the good tunes.

God Bless

GOOD FISHING cool.gif