Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nate larson

How's the fishing on Waska?

4 posts in this topic

So have any of you guys been on Minnewaska lately? If so, have you been having any luck? This time of year has been pretty solid for me in the past but I haven't had a chance to get up there yet. I will be up at my parent's place over Thanksgiving and might come up the weekend before also. Just curious if anyone has been having any luck with the eyes. Any predictions on when the lake will freeze? Do you think it will be open water until the end of the month?

It was pretty good until mid-October, then pretty much quit. Only a few and those are small. Last 4 times out have not been worth the effort. Don't see people out there any more so must be slow for most. Go figure.

Hey Nate. I put the boat into storage today. Getting to cold for these weary old bones. I think the fish can still be had. If I don't talk to you again have a great Thanksgiving and a mild winter.

I went out last weekend, it was probably the last open water trip of the year for me. We did pretty good on the crappies down by Glenwood and then got on a nice walleye bite at dark on the Starbuck end of the lake. I'd give it about a 50/50 for freeze up by the end of the month. The small sloughs are already frozen over.