• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

AD saves chiilies job?

papabear

Did Petersons record day save Childress's job or just postpone the enivetible? IMHO childress is a good assistant but lacks the management skills to be a head coach. Now he will look like a genius for picking AD, but just dont forget who he drafted last year.

I really don't think there is any chance whatsoever that Ziggy will fire Childres, even if we lose every game which we won't.. blush.gif

I actually think the coach is doing a good job. He just has NOTHING to work with as far as a passing attack goes.

MN answer is to always fire the coach. It takes 4-5 years to get a new coach in and try to win. Give the guy a chance.

Besides, who else will you get? Bring back Tice? Denny?? Les Steckel???

We should have fired Denny and kept Tony D years ago. That was our biggest mistake. But, it is easy to coach when you have a great quaterback. It is not when you do NOT have a quarterback.

Well, theres a little known coach without a job out there named Marty Schottenheimer- after living in KC during his regime, and seeing what he did in San Diego, I think I'd take him

Quote:

I actually think the coach is doing a good job. He just has NOTHING to work with as far as a passing attack goes.

MN answer is to always fire the coach. It takes 4-5 years to get a new coach in and try to win. Give the guy a chance.

Besides, who else will you get? Bring back Tice? Denny?? Les Steckel???

We should have fired Denny and kept Tony D years ago. That was our biggest mistake. But, it is easy to coach when you have a great quaterback. It is not when you do NOT have a quarterback.

BTW- you forgot one- Billick was the Vikes offensive coordinator, and has since won a ring without any offense whatsoever in Baltimore, could have promoted him as well

I don't disagree with much of what you said but let me ask you a couple of questions.

Who is responsible for the QB situation?

If the QB's can't execute your offense, at what point would you try to change to an offense they might have more success with?

How many years has McCarthy been at GB? Marinelli at Det? How are those teams doing? How many years was Gruden in Tampa before he won the SB? How many years before Lovie started winning in Chicago?

I am not on the fire Childress bandwagon yet and he deserves a fair chance, but we are now a year and a half into it and if it wasn't for Peterson we would probably be looking at a 1-7 record under Chilly this year. Not exactly forward progress. Remember he took over a team that was 9-7 and he called it the "plum job" that was available at the time.

Quote:

BTW- you forgot one- Billick was the Vikes offensive coordinator, and has since won a ring without any offense whatsoever in Baltimore, could have promoted him as well

They hired the great offensive minded Billick to help the Ravens build an offense to go along with their dominating Defense....ooops didn't work so well.

Billick has a ring because Ray Lewis and that defense.

To me the head coach is overated as far a winning team goes.

Yes, but look who was on those teams. At least those teams have something to work with.

We have NO quaterback. We have NO receivers. We have no pass attack whatsoever.

Change your offense? To what? Run, run, run, run, run. That won't work.

Is Childress a GREAT coach. No. Was he the best to get at the time? Yes. Can we do better? Yes. Can we do worse? Oh yea. The TEAM is the #1 reason we win or lose...not the coach.

Chilly took a team that was 9-7 with a good quaterback and receivers. He lost them the first year. That is not his fault.

Having a good running back, a good quarterback, and a great wide receiver opens up the play book a lot. Who do we have now that "opens the play book"? Running the ball every play won't do it. And, we can't even think about passing the ball deep.

Is Chilly the answer for this team? No. Is he the reason we are not succeeding? No. I am a huge Vikings fan, but lets face it...we suck. We need to hire a veteran QB and some receivers. Or, sign a good prospect QB in the draft and sign a veteran receiver or two.

IMO Gruden won the Super Bowl with Dungy's team only because he has only gone downhill since. Childress inherited Tice's team which falling apart on and off the field. He is trying to incorporate a west coast offense by way of the draft, which will take time. Offensively look how young our skill position players are. Our young d-backs are looking good though and I think Winfield and Sharper are great veteran leaders who have a big part in coaching these guys up through competition, something that the offensive guys lack.

It sucks to wait and see but really thats what we're gonna have to do.

JUST BEAT THE PACKERS, is all I ask!!

Even though the Pack is the team this year they always have a tough time beating the Viks 2 times a year.(sorry i am blinded by being a die hard Viks fan)

28-14 Viks with 2 defense scores