Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dolsmi

Satellite Mallard Tracking

1 post in this topic

Here is a website from the Arkansas DNR.

http://waterfowl.cast.uark.edu/

They placed some GPS satellite tracking units on some Mallards to study general info such as their flight habits.

You can check out where they are at, plus track where each has been, and where they currently are.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• cookie129
      As far as I know every vechicle at every access has to pay a road fee .
    • Fishing Frenzy
      Was wondering what the ice conditions are after the rain on Monday?
    • ANYFISH2
      These are new species specific forums for Outdoor Minnesota!   Please help us get it  rolling!   The more content the better.
    • Jim Almquist
      I use my 1660 Lund Pro-V Tiller for fishing Superior all of the time. I have 2' of track on both sides to hold my 4 aluminum rod holders and my triple trees. If you start using magnum dipsys with the ring they can pull hard enough to break most plastic rod holders. In the spring you are basically fishing the top 15' with plugs so any rod holder will do. Once you start trying to get to 40' and beyond is when you need to beef things up. I also have a mast and use the single big boards that Marine General sells for getting a good spread with you plugs. Once summer rolls around I will use Yellow Birds with 5 colors of lead on the outside  and dipsy's with 65lb Power Pro or steel depending on what depth I am trying to achieve to pull spoons or flies.
    • Tony S
      I see that the Royal Dutchman website had a blurb a couple days (2/17) ago that said nothing was happening yet, they also don't know how thick the ice is.  As usual hoping for a long spring season before it closes for walleye.  On a positive note most of the snow must have already melted with the record warmth so maybe won't be so much to cause runoff later on? I see that the Royal Dutchman website had a blurb a couple days (2/17) ago that said nothing was happening yet, they also don't know how thick the ice is.  As usual hoping for a long spring season before it closes for walleye.  On a positive note most of the snow must have already melted with the record warmth so maybe won't be so much to cause runoff later on?