Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
catman71

Mountain lion sighting by Big Turtle

catman71    0
catman71

my hunting buddy insists he saw a mountain lion on opening weekend in the deer stand.

I have no reason to not believe him, anyone else see anything?

swedishpimple    0
swedishpimple

About 3 years ago I saw one on our land east of Redby, just north of MN 1. Neighbors have seen/heard them there too. As a crow flies that is about 20 miles to Big Turtle, well within a big cats 300 mile range.

Bobb-o    0
Bobb-o

Saw some tracks of one last year on the Three Island Grouse Trail right off of Black lake Road. and didnt someone get some trail cam pics of one not too far from the country club a few years back?

MuskyBug85    0
MuskyBug85

they were introduced in Itasca park a few years ago to help control the white-tails. they could have easily moved north and east.

woodman    0
woodman

My neighbor saw one walking down our street 2 years ago and we are next to the Bemidji State Park. Another friend had one cross Cty rd 20 the same week.

swedishpimple    0
swedishpimple

I think it was about 12 years ago one was walking around BSU. It was eventually forced into one of the physical plant garages by Bangsburg.

Jeremiah Johnson    0
Jeremiah Johnson

I could believe a couple being here and there, but I dont know about "introducing them into the state park" that sounds alittle far fetched to me.

as for bobo seeing tracks, are you sure they werent the tracks of your little kitten you were walking in front of you grin.gif

silverfox    0
silverfox

I do know there was a cougar spotted out by Turtle River Lake on opening wkend of rifle season this year. Only a couple miles from my house actually.

Matt Phelps

genegodawa    0
genegodawa

Okay, that cuts it.....I'm staying a cityfolk in Chi-town.

papabear    0
papabear

I have hears teachers at Horace May say they saw one on their nature trail some years ago.

ducksnbucks    9
ducksnbucks

A guy that my dad works with got a pic using his cell phone of a mountain lion. Not a very good pic, but a picture none the less. He was sitting in his stand opening morning near the power dam.

papabear    0
papabear

Along with the lion any one see the turkey that has been ahnging around this area. It was in my back yard alot last spring, I saw it on hiway 2 near rosby. and my brother in law saw it on the hiway towards bagely.

woodman    0
woodman

There is also one in the Bemidji State Park. Saw it by the new Big Bass Lake Road. grin.gif

Matt Breuer    8
Matt Breuer

papabear, I don't think "it" is the right word for the turkey(s). There are actually a lot of them around the area. Well a lot more than people think anyway. I see them anywhere from Pete's South all the way to Deer River and again from Pete's all the way down to Park Rapids. A lot of them on the Lake George cut road.

papabear    0
papabear

Thanks Matt. I have not heard anyother reports on them so i was not sure of how many or how far they may be dispersed in this area. Until the cougars get a taste for them. smile.gif

silverfox    0
silverfox

I have also seen turkeys on the lake george cut across to park rapids. I saw a total of 4 of them on that road this summer. All at different times, so in theory, I suppose it could have been the same one on each time, but I doubt it.

Take care all!

Matt Phelps

DLoutdoors    0
DLoutdoors

Quote:

they were introduced in Itasca park a few years ago to help control the white-tails. they could have easily moved north and east.

Ahhhh...I believe this is a old wives tale. The DNR isn't introducing cats, or wolves into MN or ND....just a story!

Conspiracy theory maybe :-)

papabear    0
papabear

We have heard stories of cougars in most parts of MN for as long as i can remember. IMO it is great that they find MN acceptable and can find enough places to hide that they are not too common of a sight or create problems for themselves.

sparkydm    0
sparkydm

my uncle lives near tenstrike and says he has heard them(it)

papabear    0
papabear

hearing that in the night would send a shiver down my spine

Bobb-o    0
Bobb-o

the scary ones to hear are the bobcats, any of you guys ever heard them at night? that will send you scurrying pretty quick

papabear    0
papabear

yeah ive heard that noise. My family had several bobcats stuck in a crawl space under our house when I was a kid. then heard that same, almost cry, in the woods once. It got my attention.

woodman    0
woodman

saw one over mea by the deer land and on opening weekend we heard it before dawn. My dad had no idea what it was but at supper he asked me and I told him. Man was that loud and scary! What a scream!

swedishpimple    0
swedishpimple

I did not get the details but I heard through the grapevine of a mountain lion passing under my friends dad's stand East of Bemidji in the Power Dam/Swenson Lake area.

wanger29    0
wanger29

They're getting more common throughout the state. I'm writing from down in Austin, 20 miles from Iowa border, and there's been several sightings within about a 60 mile radius within the last few years. We go to a place on Movil there, looks like I have something to look forward to when evening fishing off dock???