Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hammer Handle

Turkeys Turkeys Everywhere!!

9 posts in this topic

Saw so many turkeys this last weekend deer hunting, that I couldn't believe it.

Hope I get a license next year. Shot a nice tom last year.

One bunch of turkeys I saw included 26 turkeys!

Hey Hammer Handle,

where were you hunting? We had about 30-75 turkeys in one set of woods that sounded like a bulldozer coming through the woods. I was in the Frazee/Vergas/Dent country.

mr

I was in Douglas County.

Made a drive for deer, scared 11 young toms out of the woods (ran across an open field). Got to the enter of the drive, 26 more turkeys (hens and larger toms). These flew up...but were all back the next day.

I was in the Wadena area and there is not a hunt for turkeys where I hunt. There was however 3 different flocks of birds making more noise than I've ever heard from turkeys before. I was in heaven. Springtime is great for calling to Toms, but if youre interested in hearing all of the vocalizations of the turkey and the differences in hens voices, fall is the time.

I was calling with my mouth and I had a big bodied jake going crazy. Its it april yet?!?

Last year I got my first turkey license (after 3 years of applying).

Was walking in the woods to the place where I was going to hunt, and I scared up a large tom who flew in front of me. Shot him...season was over....

What dumb luck...but the season ended too fast.

Hammer:

You missed out on all the fun! This year it'll be way better, even if you don't take a bird. I'm in the process of making my spring plans right now, and I'm getting excited just dreaming about it.

Joel

I was, repeat was, seeing a bunch and now I'm not. I think WIs fall season is over....have to check, next year I guess.

Come to think of it, the season must still be on. Started bow opener, Sept 15th and goes 2 months this year....might get a Thunderhead in one yet! grin.gif

Wisconsin Fall season runs through this Thursday, Nov. 15.