Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Slacker84

my buck

Slacker84

i got a really nice 13 pter. i would like to put it on here but don't want the hassle of making a photo album of whatever sort. wondering if somebody will do it for me. e-mail me Monkeys624 @ embarqmail.com

i wasn't on stand 15 min. this monster came by with a doe. about a 100 yd shot. 18in spread 12 in G2s and 11G 3s . nice deer any help would be appricated (i can't spell)

Jason

xedge2002

email the pics to me at j _ orbeck @ yahoo dddddooooottttt ccccoooommmm. Put FM Buck pics or something like that in the messages line.

shedfreak

YOU can send it to me as well. awhitey32@yahoo.com I check the site pretty frequently as well as my mail, So i can have it up in no time.. SOUNDS LIKE A PIG!! Congrats

Shack

rvl8mQzccxi2m8dN56SsKMIdGAkWNY3s0300.jpg

0mF+0vckPTpZw9JqMABYQy+rxtIff-SI0300.jpg

This is Slacker84's Big Buck! Very nice deer, thanks for sharing!

I would mount this buck. cool.gif

picksbigwagon

WOW, look at that tine length.......HOOOOLY COWWWWW

at what point did you stop smiling grin.gif

MNRookie78

Quote:

at what point did you stop smiling
grin.gif

My guess is he hasn't! Very nice buck, congrats smile.gif

DeanoB

look at those split brow tines! --- jeez Shack i thought you drilled him at first... congrats on a great buck

Royce Aardahl

Congrats! Sweet looking rack.

tunrevir

Very Nice!! Good work but now your work is cut out for you in years to come! Oh the fever grin.gif! Beauty of a deer Slack!

Tunrevir~ cool.gif

HateHumminbird

Very impressive buck! Great character to the rack, and the body on it looks huge.

Good work!

Joel

Slacker84

First of all thanks to shackbash for puttin my pics up

it was a huge body it wieght 187.2 lbs. He going to the taxi Tomarrow.

ChrisT

Great buck, Did you age that deer? I seems that he should have been heavier. I shot a 5 1/2 year old eight last year that was 228 1/2 lbs.

96trigger

Deer weights are going to vary a lot the next couple of weeks. Last year I shot a 2 1/2 year old that weighed 190 lbs. This year I shot an 11 pointer that weighed 192 pounds, probably 4 1/2 to 5 1/2 year old deer. Last year during the peak of the rut, a relative of mine shot a very nice 14 point buck that only weight 150 pounds. He was a 200 pound deer on the September trail cam pics. The bucks are running a ton right now and are burning off a lot of calories. During the rut, they will bypass food for lovin.

ChrisT

I wish I would have shot my buck last year earlear. I harvested him on November 12th. He would have been 250+ a month before.

Grant Pearson

Quote:

During the rut, they will bypass food for lovin.

Ummm...... so do I.......

PerchJrkr

I dont think some people realize how much 200 or 250 pounds is. When i was at the meat locker last weekend i asked how many deer a year he gets that are over 200 lbs. he said usually about 2. It takes a HUGE HUGE HUGE deer to go over 200 pounds.

bassNspear

Awesome Buck Shake. You were shaking after that were you? cool.gif

96trigger

Perch, I agree, 250 is a big deer, but with two under my belt at just about 200 in consecutive years, I have a good idea of what a 200+ pound deer will look like. The 190 pounders were both field dressed at their 190 and 192 lb weights, they were well over the 200 lb live weight range. Also, I'm not sure where you are located, but the SEMN mature deer will average between 150-200 lbs, so of course there will be some higher and some lower.

BTW, the original reason I posted. Slacker, that is a sweet rack. Nice deer.

BeastLight

R U two on the same page. There is a difference between field dressed weight and normal weight. I agree you don't see many deer go over 200 field dressed.

snapcrackpop

Dad's biggest a few years ago weighed 240 dressed and had a 28" neck. It won the biggest deer contest in Grand Rapids.

Moo.

Cooter

Congrats man, one heck of a deer!! I am jealous smirk.gif

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• oilandwater
      Have heard of very few.  An occasional rainbow (looper and steelhead, make sure to learn the difference) mixed in with the catch in Two Harbors, along with lake trout near the bottom on the right day.  I've seen a few cruising under the ice in McQuade, but pretty slow there.  Rainbow action will pick up as spring progresses. 
    • smurfy
      sheez got that right!!!!!!!!!
    • hunterdown
      I might be able to make this, I think Jr. will have the time off as well....so, maybe him and I?
    • Rick
      Spring turkey hunters hoping to bag a tom during the first two weeks of the season have until Friday, Jan. 26, to apply for a lottery permit. The season runs from April 18 to May 31 and is divided into six hunt periods, A through F (see table below). Hunt A and B licenses for firearms hunters age 18 and older are limited in availability and assigned via lottery drawing. Turkey lottery applications cost $5 and can be purchased online at mndnr.gov/licenses, by phone at 888-665-4236, or in person from a license agent. Successful applicants will receive a postcard in the mail by mid-February and can purchase their hunting license starting March 1. Firearms licenses for hunts C, D, E and F are not lottery-limited and will be available for purchase over-the-counter beginning March 1. All licensed turkey hunters can participate in Hunt F if they have an unused tag from one of the earlier hunt periods. Archery and youth hunters (under 18) are exempt from the lottery and may purchase a spring turkey license valid during all hunt periods, including hunts A and B. Surplus lottery licenses from hunts A and B, if available, will be sold over-the-counter starting in mid-March. Visit mndnr.gov/hunting/turkey for more information about turkey hunting in Minnesota. 2018 Spring Turkey Hunt Periods
      Hunt A: April 18 – 24
      Hunt B: April 25 – May 1
      Hunt C: May 2 – 8
      Hunt D: May 9 – 15
      Hunt E: May 16-22
      Hunt F: May 23-31 Discuss below - to view set the hook here.
    • Rick
      Youth and adults can learn to hunt turkeys this April with experienced volunteers who will cover safe hunting techniques, how to call-in turkeys, hunting tactics and field dressing a bird. “We teach the skills and techniques that allow new turkey hunters to become lifelong hunters,” said Mike Kurre, learn-to-hunt program coordinator with the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources. “This has been a successful program and as a bonus, we love hearing how former participants go full circle to teach others how to hunt.” Participants can apply through Monday, Feb. 12. The hunts are Saturday, April 21, and Sunday, April 22, and provide opportunities to access locations that may otherwise be closed to hunting. “We get volunteers from the National Wild Turkey Federation and this is the 16th year we’ve cooperated for these hunts,” Kurre said. “Over the years we’ve introduced more than 5,000 people to these hunting experiences. We also work with the Minnesota National Guard to get military adults and their families into turkey hunting.” Details about how to apply and costs to participate are available at mndnr.gov/turkeyhunt. A pre-hunt orientation is required and all participants will need to have a valid firearms safety certificate or its equivalent. Youth must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. Overall participation in the hunts is restricted by the number of volunteers and private lands that are available. Anyone interested in providing turkey hunting land for the mentored youth hunts should contact the Keith Carlson, Save the Habitat Save the Hunt coordinator for the National Wild Turkey Federation in Minnesota at kcanoka@comcast.net.   Discuss below - to view set the hook here.
    • Rick
      Gov. Mark Dayton has proclaimed Jan. 20-28 as Snowmobile Safety Awareness Week in Minnesota. This an opportunity for the Department of Natural Resources, volunteer safety instructors, the Minnesota United Snowmobilers Association (MNUSA) and its 250 member snowmobile clubs to join together to recognize the importance of safe, responsible snowmobiling. “It’s a fun and exciting activity, but snowmobilers should always remember to make safety a top priority,” said Conservation Officer Bruce Lawrence, DNR recreational vehicle coordinator. “They should also always use common sense and keep a clear head when riding.” Here are some other key safety points: Snowmobiling and alcohol don’t mix – don’t drink and ride. Smart riders are safe riders – take a snowmobile safety training course. Always wear a helmet and adequate clothing. When night riding slow down – expect the unexpected. Know before the ride  – always check local trail and ice conditions. Cross with care. Know risks and be prepared – make every trip a round trip. One is the loneliest number – never ride alone. Ride safe, stay on the trail – respect private property. To legally ride a snowmobile in Minnesota, residents born after Dec. 31, 1976 need a valid snowmobile safety certificate. Options for both classroom and online classes can be found at http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/safety/vehicle/snowmobile/index.html People can find Minnesota snowmobiling events and activities on the MNUSA webpage: https://mnsnowmobiler.org/get-involved/mnusa/events. Discuss below - to view set the hook here.
    • eyeguy 54
      sounds like a hoot. hope to get there. 
    • Roscoe010
      Hi Wanderer, I am going up this weekend too.  Glad the weather will be warm! I will try a different pit this time, but had good luck last year.  I hope the fish will be active and hungry.
    • IceHawk
      Thanks Rick! Jeff hope to make it always a good time and laughs when you get a group of great people together. I usally do more jaw jacking  then fishing at these things but for me its just as much fun 
    • Rick
      I will donate a few goodies. I will send it to @Tom Sawyer if he messages me his address.
  • Share & Have Fun