• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Park permit

hitthebricks

Last week I launched at the St. Croix Bluff Park and received a ticket for a expired park permit. It was a stupid and very costly mistake, $102.00 OUCH!

They must troll the launches for any violations they can find. I made the mistake of having expired tags on my truck. I know my fault and all, and for those of you who have never broken a rule and always say "the law is the law" I will let you know I have been a registered nurse who has worked Stillwater prison, and I would rather have the police chasing real felony criminals then watching out for us fishing criminals. But then again I did learn my lesson grin.gif

My wife met me one day at noon and got one also in the spring . The Judge threw it out saying the Sheriff couldn’t prove she was the one driving the car at the time. I saw them Buzz through at about 11ish checking vehicles last weekend also

- My sticker was only about $20.00 I think-great investment

• 2 weeks later...

The Wash Co Parks annual permit is $25. Daily is $5 (there is a self-service drop box near the park entry for when no staff is at the office). It's valid at the launch at St. Croix Bluffs, Lake Elmo Park, Square Lake, and in 2008 Big Marine Lake.

Kind of a tough situation for the sheriff because some parks beg them to patrol the parks to reduce the number of break-ins and other deliquent activities.

I just didn't realize my permit had expired. I still think $102.00 is too much for a non moving violation

I have had problems with the MN side of the parks on the St Croix...I've been given ticket's or warning tickets for not haveing a park permit but look at my window and there it is. MN annual stickers are like huge!!!! compared to WI. And somehow they didn't see that.

hitt,

I hear ya' on both counts...anything on the actual park permit that could be changed to help people realize when their permit has expired?

I guess the 'parks' isn't quite comfortable with the idea of requiring permit purchasers to surrender their name, address, phone #, etc...maybe they should reconsider this, perhaps creating a database for renewal notices and things like window replacement and car sales?

Phalen