Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jerkin'm

Beetle European Mount?

8 posts in this topic

Got a decent buck and can't seem to find a place that does this around the cities...Anyone know of a beetle outfit?

Actually... There's a guy in St. Cloud that does just that. The Oct 19th Outdoor News had a nice article about it. A guy I work with had their MN moose done... he does great work. However I cannot remember his name.

I'm sure someone can recall however...

I'll grab the issue when I get home and get some contact info for ya if nobody else chimes in.

Not sure jerkn'm but I do know we need pictures.....

Congrats.

I have done them myself...stinks to high heaven but turns out nice.

The pics I have that are decent of the deer are terrible..(laying on the sled trailer)..my buddies taking my picture all failed me...I'll email them to you Stratosman...

the guy that I went to in saint cloud is at beetlemybones hes got my scull as we speak he said it would take around 90 days. And it would cost $75 plus extra if you want it on a piece of wood.

If you've got a warm place you could try and DIY. Dermestids are native, they are dry, and if you do a good job fleshing out the skull, using an awl on tough to reach tissues, you can get rid of most of the rotting tissue that would bring odor issues. Starter colonies are sold online and on ebay. Mount the skull as you see fit and you're good to go.

You could hold onto them for a while and start a new hobby or have a new pet. Skull collections are fun to do and you won't have the nasty smell of boiling and using harsh chemicals in the kitchen.

As someone already mentioned...

Beetle My Bones ran by Rorri Petersen is the outfit I was thinking of... located in Waite Park.

Thanks guys...that's what I was looking for...