Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Snake River  King

Ice yet????

18 posts in this topic

Hello do you guys up there have eny ice yet? and what are the water temps around the area?

I had about 1/8" of ice on a puddle in my driveway this morning! grin.gif

The lake is still wide open.

Cliff

Actually saw a little skim ice back in a bay while hunting this morning. But some 40's in the forecast so it won't be any time soon.

Still plan to hit the open water one more time.

Do I need an extension yet? grin.gif

How are the water temps now just out of curiosity? Headed up to the cabin on Saturday to bring my Otter and Jiffy back to Duluth.

The water temps in Frazer bay were right at 40 degrees around 10 o'clock this morning.

Actually saw some skim ice in the main lake area this morning in calm water. Almost enough to take the mind off deer hunting. But why rush it, right??!!??<<>>!!?? What a problem to have, hunt deer?? fish?? Hunt ducks?? fish??

I dont hunt ... so i have to Say FISH ! !

I need to move up there. That's the bottom line.

Appreciate the updates on conditiosn Shamrock7 and BEEGONE.

ps... It is now snowing... wink.gif

ya thanks for the report guys. Cuz in december I plan on ice fishing up there witch is 3 weeks from tommarro, so lets hurry up and make ice grin.gif

38.6 this am in Frazer Bay.... Burr.... If you are going to be out there, keep it safe. Now is not the time to be swimming out there.

Just need a cold calm night to lock her up. Too bad that particular senerio is not in the forecast for while.

Cliff is s going to have to Pontoons on the Hilton

It should go without saying, but the annual message is to remember to wear a life jacket ANY time you are on the open water when it's this cold.

Quote:

38.6 this am in Frazer Bay.... Burr.... If you are going to be out there, keep it safe. Now is not the time to be swimming out there.

Just need a cold calm night to lock her up. Too bad that particular senerio is not in the forecast for while.

Cliff is s going to have to Pontoons on the Hilton

That was to say, he is going to have to put pontoons on the Hilton. Darn fingers never work right.

I just may have to do that! grin.gif

No ice yet in my area.

Cliff

Some skim ice on fri Morn none on Sat Walleyes biting like crazy.

West end 42 degrees all weekend.

Metro Steve.

How was fishing last weekend? Any lunkers like last year?

Looking from the houseboats east, all you see is ice. Not very thick ice but still, ICE

Fishing was pretty poor. Water temps are way high for this time of the year.

Thanksgiving weekend they will prolly be bout right.

Always next year though. Gonna be on for the full moon next november.

Camping was awesome though and fishing in the snow was great too.

Steve

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Rick G
      Shoe side is pretty bad, Cedar is a little better.... there is another access to Cedar off 71, that one is about the best right now.
    • cookie129
      Well well where to begin. This past Friday went a little smoother checking in our customers, all though I still had a few other issues? You can never totally go with the plan and I'm constantly improvising something .This time it was the red baron. Farting around with the spark plug wires I was confident I had my missing problem solved. I head up to North country food fuel gas, up and I'm still not happy with the red baron so I pop the hood and start messing with the wires again. I hit the lake and now its running worse then ever? Oh well new wires are coming so I forge my way out too finish prepping. My timing is perfect all day long as I get every one checked in as they arrive. Of course mother nature now does a flip flop and there's standing water around the houses with the warm temps. Oh Well the January thaw! its better then 40 below,   Dan and Dave/Gravy" great nick name', checked into north Carolina, What a great couple of guys. Gravy was like having a helper out there as he was all over gassing up the generator and meeting the neighbors after I checked them in.  Justin and Megan arrived for north Dakota with Ron and Caroline arriving later in the day. Ken ,Carl, Terry and Sarah arrived  for florida right on time. They have ben here before and know the routine .  After taking care of them I was off to old Minnesota to prep for Wayne's arrival. Jarrod and Jeromy would not be arriving tell after 10 pm. for montana. After finishing up I headed to shore with the red baron running like crap.  Arriving back on shore I decide to again look at the plug wires and discover number 2 plug wire is not even on? To funny I guess! As my good friend wayne says, here at Cookie's we do it right cause we do it twice and some times even Thrice.  Plugging the wire in and just like that after all the fooling around re routing the wires  she running 80 % better . Man am I looking forward to installing them new wires today. Making the rounds later that evening and every one was having a grand time, Saturday morning and all the house's had some fish and fish stories to tell. How sweet a feeling that is! Saturday evening and again making the rounds we were starting to see a lot of standing water in the roads and around the houses. You can not beat mother nature out there no mater how hard you try.   We fished with Wayne and his sister Kathy where again the hammer was up to here old tricks landing a elusive yet still catchable upper red lake crappie. I even got in on the action and landed a nice keeper walleye. Sunday morning  making the rounds and saying good by,  Gravy Dave and as Carolina  said" Dan was biscuit were headed home with only 5? I'm not sure if they ate any. Ken, Carl Sarah and Terry? in florida had a great time. They were going home with a few nice perch and 7 keepers walleyes plus a number of misses and a couple of pike released. A good fishy area in my book. North dakoata was the hot house. They were going home with 12 and also ate 6 . Megan cooked them up with a honey crust, drizzled with honey. Sounded great and there going to send me the receipt. Then as they were packing Justin landed a elusive yes elusive yet still catchable upper red lake crappie. Man that house seems to catch fish. Saturday night they were playing a drinking game .Man were they having fun. Jarrod and Jeromy in montana also had some fish to take home so all in all every one had a grand time on a grand lake. Hillmens Highway should be in great shape once the cold air comes back.  The road is 7 miles out and as always you could land a 747 on it. There is a bridge around 1.7 miles. out., There's  a curve about 3.5 to the left then right. There's cones around 6 miles for now to let the new mile of road firm up. That's about it today. Busy day ahead but looking forward to hiitting the lake with my good friend Marty as he arrived early this morning with a buddy.  
    • Chill62
      We were up north of DL 15 miles this weekend and a ton of water on the ice but it's from melting snow.  All the holes we drilled the ice was still 1-2" above water level.  It was pretty hard getting around especially at accesses due to the snow melting.  Was very soft but I was able to get around with my Rav 4, barely made it up the accesses huge hill because traction control turned off but made it though!  We had 18-19" of ice 12-14" of it was clear ice.
    • Troy Smutka
      1/23/17    Night crappie bite is on. Hit Waconia Saturday evening. Got a good sunfish bite half hour before sunset until dark. Crappies bit well from six to eight pm. Larger Tungsten Tubby in glow tipped with a wax worm and a small VMC spoon in glow pink fire UV tipped with a waxie were the best baits. Sunfish were near the bottom over a deep basin area adjacent to a shallower weedy area, and crappies moved through spread out over the bottom eight feet or so of the water column. Sunfish still biting during the day on Prior, but they are moving around a lot so you need to hole hop for a consistent bite. Numbers and size. Tiny Tungsten Tubby or Gill Pill with one or two red Eurolarvae were working well. An inline reel is a big help as it reduces line twist and keeps you jig from spinning and spooking finicky sunfish. Still sixteen to eighteen inches of ice on Waconia, and fifteen to sixteen on Prior. Water and slush on top, but more seasonal temps this week should firm things up. Good luck, be safe, and I will see you out there somewhere.
    • Naturboy
      Sure wish that it would freeze up before the snow in the forecast comes