Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Yeti

Vikes QB situation.... Chris Weinke?

12 posts in this topic

Reports are that Chris Weinke will work out for the Vikes today. Also, another QB, Doug Johnson? might have a work out too. Never heard of him.

Johnson played for Atlanta for a while and Buffalo.

Sounds like they are going to sign Koy Detmer instead..

Darn it- still had my heart set on Doug Flutie

Koy Detmer is signed and he is the answer!!!!! He will be starting next week against the Raiders because he is Chilli's boy.

seen him throw a sweet touchdown pass on channel 5 news last night!! how old was that clip? the rams had their old uniforms still.

Koy isnt our future quarterback! Although compared to his competition, he just might end up as the starter in a couple weeks grin.gif .They need to start Bollinger against the pack, let Jackson sit on the sidelines and watch and learn, he may be the future, but it is distant future. Go Vikings!

Oh by the way, I see the Vikes winning by 3 this weekend!

I hate to see close games with the Packers cause you never know when Favre is gonna do one of his game winning drives against a Viking prevent defense. Hit him hard and early and this game is ours easy.

Vikes by 14.

Quote:

Koy isnt our future quarterback! Although compared to his competition, he just might end up as the starter in a couple weeks
grin.gif
.They need to start Bollinger against the pack, let Jackson sit on the sidelines and watch and learn, he may be the future, but it is distant future. Go Vikings!

Oh by the way, I see the Vikes winning by 3 this weekend!

The only future Jackson has is something that don't involve the NFL- what a complete waste of a draft pick.

heres my .02 cents....childress needs to go he is a horrible coach that is too predictable and takes bad chances when theres no need to and when he needs to take the chance he wont. His plays are way to predictable and the only players he keeps bringing in are horrible players that he liked from before....Kelly Holcomb? He's a career passer with a rating of 79.2. He's thrown just as many interceptions as touchdowns in his career and never gets the team into an emotional rhythm. Koy Detmer? A career rating of 61. In ten years hes thrown only ten touchdowns. Can we please bring in a non former eagle that is actually a decent quarterback. Wheres Tyler Thigpen...give the kid a shot he cant do any worse than those two will do. Artis Hicks....the only thing i remember hearing him being praised for is by the other team for all his gracious penalties. Dont get me wrong Ive been a fan of the purple people eaters since i was born but i really hate the way childress coaches and would love to see him go

Tyler Thigpen was cut by the vikings. The vikings intended too pick him back after the 24 they had too wait had passed, but the chiefs beat them too it and claimed him.

Heres what we are up against now, all the has-beens and never-will-bes have already been signed. We all just have to ride out the rest of this season and pray they take a top NCAA QB with their first pick, which should be a top 5 pick. We do need to sign an experienced vet to coach the draft pick next season, however.